BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Gen 4 Body Panels Diagram

More
23 Jan 2023 14:31 #247117 by gano54
I've tried to register to serviceportal.suzuki.eu to get to the workshop manual but it's giving me trouble with the VAT number... In any case, does anybody have handy a diagram of the exterior panels of the JB74 Jimny? I got some minor damage to some panels and I'm trying to figure out what's the best way forward. Thanks in advance!

2022 Jungle Green LCV

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2023 19:39 #247128 by Roger Fairclough
I have a workshop manual for the Gen.4 but I had to be devious to get it and I will not tell you how I did it. Yes it does tell you what panel goes where and what you have to do to get at it and remove it but my advice is to go to a dealer and show him your problem and ask for assistance.

Roger`

More
23 Jan 2023 19:42 #247129 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Gen 4 Body Panels Diagram
I just went to my dealer and told them I wanted to buy the Workshop manual. They ordered it for me and it turned up about 4 weeks later.

More
23 Jan 2023 22:09 #247132 by Roger Fairclough
In what form was the manual and when did you order it?

roger

More
23 Jan 2023 22:44 #247133 by Soeley
It's on CD, probably 2019. I can check in the morning to confirm when.

More
24 Jan 2023 08:49 #247135 by Roger Fairclough
Thank you Soeley. I asked for a manual and paid for a CD version. It took about 5 months to arrive at which point I was told that it wouldn't work because Suzuki had modified the system to prevent owner access! I wont tell you how because I am sworn to secrecy (I would have to shoot you and all that!) but access was ultimately gained . I complained to the dealer who somewhat sheepishly apologised and gave me my money back and when I offered to drop the CD back to him told me to throw it in the bin!

Roger

More
24 Jan 2023 08:58 - 24 Jan 2023 08:58 #247136 by gano54
Replied by gano54 on topic Gen 4 Body Panels Diagram
I tend to not go to dealers (or mechanics for this matter) before doing my research. Not saying that I'd do the job myself (well sometimes I do), but I like to know what's involved in doing the job.

In any case, in the end I managed to register to serviceportal.suzuki.eu and got all the information I need.

2022 Jungle Green LCV
Last edit: 24 Jan 2023 08:58 by gano54.

More
24 Jan 2023 15:25 #247149 by Soeley

Thank you Soeley. I asked for a manual and paid for a CD version. It took about 5 months to arrive at which point I was told that it wouldn't work because Suzuki had modified the system to prevent owner access! I wont tell you how because I am sworn to secrecy (I would have to shoot you and all that!) but access was ultimately gained . I complained to the dealer who somewhat sheepishly apologised and gave me my money back and when I offered to drop the CD back to him told me to throw it in the bin!

Roger
Roger, it was November 2020 when I got the Manual (later than I thought). I believe the reason why the CD's stopped working was because all the browsers stopped supporting JAVA, nothing to do with Suzuki but a WWW change. But there is a workaround to use it without JAVA. If memeory serves me right?

More
24 Jan 2023 15:45 #247150 by Roger Fairclough
cheers Soeley.

Yes, now you mention it, but Viv (my computer expert) solved the problem, probably the same way you did.

Roger

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds