BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Hello All

More
01 Jan 2023 16:20 #246620 by MysterG
Hello All was created by MysterG
As it's new years day I thought I'd better finally say Hi.
Been lurking for a while and maybe asked a question or two. Nice to find a decent forum still in exsistance. Facebook is just not the same ...

Got rid of my 2006 L200 (2WD) a few months back and got a 2005 Jimny. Wanted one for a long time, well actually wanted an old Land Rover but prices!!!, and decided a few years back that a Jimny would be a great alternative.
I have no reason for a 4x4 although I do live in the sticks down some narrow, wet lanes.

Looked at a couple, bought one of them as it drove the nicest, and had had welding done to an acceptable standard. I can weld but have no desire to, getting too old.
Since getting it I have realised I paid too much, there are issues I did not find on inspection, they don't like hills and it can carry less than our Fiesta, and costs nearly as much to run as the L200!, but I love it and it puts a smile on my face.

Rear seats came out immediately in order to simplify the load area, passengers were never on the cards. On that note I had to cancel my month old insurance as Churchill were not happy about no rear seats. Went to Flux who I had got a quote from previously and they quoted less because it only had 2 seats. Go figure.

Currently have kits sat waiting to do the kingpin bearings, and a couple of belts, although tightening the alternator one stopped the squealing when driving off with lights, rear window heater and fan on. read all about the crank pulley failure whilst researching that one. No sign of any wobble I can see.

I'm not a stranger to cars and DIY mechanicery, I have a couple of classics in the garage, but have been off cars for a few years and sort of lost my Mojo. Hopefully the Jimny will help me get it back rather than put me off forever!!!

Anyway, thats me. I may well ask more daft questions, but I'll try not to.
Happy New Year.
G

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2023 16:54 #246622 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Hello All
Hello and welcome, don't forget to add some pictures of your Jimny :)

More
02 Jan 2023 10:49 #246629 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Hello All
Great to have you along for the journey.

The Jimny is a great vehicle for tinkering, easy enough to work on and not too complicated, especially as someone on here has always had past experience of fixing most issues.

Enjoy.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
02 Jan 2023 12:29 #246631 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Hello All
Welcome to the forum.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
02 Jan 2023 14:09 #246634 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Hello All
Hi and welcome.
It has some undesirable points in a game of car top trumps, but it's fun and keeps a smile on your face. Those that get it forgive the odd flaw it may have and just enjoy it.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds