BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Apple Car Play

More
30 Dec 2022 11:24 #246583 by TomaHawkDirty
Apple Car Play was created by TomaHawkDirty
I'm quite keen to update the DAB radio in my '06 Jimny to one capable of Apple Car Play (maps mostly!) - any particular makes/models? Am I right in thinking it's a 6.8 size unit?
Cheers & Happy New Year

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2022 18:42 #246589 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Apple Car Play
Originally it would have been a double Din radio with rounded corners, but not sure which DAB radio is fitted to your Jimny?

Double DIN with rounded corners are difficult to get, I have a Xtrons Android head unit, but they don’t seem to make it any longer. You can buy a fascia to take a standard double DIN though.

As for Apple Car Play, I have it on my other car, also Xtrons Android head unit as an add on.. To be honest, i never use it (shame as it wasn’t cheap) it’s a bit of a faf to connect and I dumped my music on to an SD drive and use PowerAmp on Android. For maps I use Here, it just much quicker to have all of the apps built in to the head unit, especially as I have steering wheel controls, which might not work with Car Play.

I still have Bluetooth for the hands free phone and can stream music from my iPhone without Car Play.

Hope that helps

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
31 Dec 2022 10:58 - 31 Dec 2022 11:14 #246598 by TomaHawkDirty
Replied by TomaHawkDirty on topic Apple Car Play
Thanks Robin for that, very useful. I saw one on eBay: 
This is what I have so it's obviously smaller than the one on eBay which was a 7 inch. www.kenwood.eu/car/navigation_multimedia/multimedia/DDX4016DAB/

I'll look for a 6.2 one!
Last edit: 31 Dec 2022 11:14 by TomaHawkDirty.

More
31 Dec 2022 16:50 #246601 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Apple Car Play
My Xtrons Android head unit is 7” display and fits in a Double DIN slot. The model I have has rounded corners to fit in the original facia, but they no longer make it.

There are plenty of online sellers selling a new facia with square corners that fit the Jimny, then you can use any standard Double DIN head unit.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds