BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Under seat storage

• DrRobin
  • DrRobin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • Newbie in Northumberland
More
19 Sep 2022 13:33 - 19 Sep 2022 16:52 #245009 by DrRobin
Under seat storage was created by DrRobin
I have had a first aid kit and a spade under the front seats of my Jimny for a while now, but the do slide around a little and get fairly dusty, so I found a plastic box that is just the right size to sit under the seats.

A Really Useful 5L box available in clear, blue or pink.

I lined it with a piece of black foam and the box just slides in from the front.  The box is 20cm wide, 34cm long and 14cm high, so sits below the seat base and drops over the front lip (mounting bar?) in the floor. This stops it sliding forwards.  At 34cm long a rear seat passenger doesn’t  kick it either and I can’t feel it below the seats.

It is possible to get it out whilst seated and best of all they are good value at £5 each in B&M.  It also does a very good job of hiding anything from view.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Sep 2022 16:52 by DrRobin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2022 23:41 #245012 by Ron0z
Replied by Ron0z on topic Under seat storage
Sounds good.The best storage for me has been to remove the two back seats. They are so easy to take out. Though you'd want to take careful note of which bolts/washers go where to ensure you can reassemble correctly should you need to. (Don't want to endanger passengers should you get the seat belt mounts wrong.)Actually, the seat mounts are a bit of pain, extending from the sides as they do. They tend to puncture/damage things. I was contemplating popping a couple of rubber door stops on them to make them less vicious.With the good floor-to-ceiling clearance I've found that space wonderful. Possibly the best example was an auction win of laundry detergent. We thought there was a typo in the amount noted in the lot ad. There was no error and I successfully packed 14,500 sachets of detergent that were in 29 cartons. Most filled the back floor to ceiling, with about 5 in the passenger's seat and floor, and three on the roof rack it all loaded. I should have taken a photo. I doubt I could get this amount in any of my other cars.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
20 Sep 2022 03:21 #245013 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Under seat storage
I have managed to get a full sized chesterfield club chair in the back of mine. 4 bales of hay is easy if a little messy. They are like a TARDIS.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• DrRobin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
More
20 Sep 2022 08:49 #245017 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Under seat storage
For the present the seats are remaining in my Jimny, but they do spend a lot of time in the down position and the back gets full of stuff on a regular basis. If I removed them I think I would make a boot liner, that would cover up all of the sharp bits.

The under-seat boxes were as much about hiding things and stop them moving about than anything else.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

• DrRobin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
More
25 Oct 2022 18:36 #245583 by DrRobin
I must like making work, after fitting new seats to my Jimny my under seat storage boxes no longer fit.This meant another trip to B&M, this time for a couple of plastic trays at £3 each

i lined them with a bit of foam and the stuff I had in the boxes fits perfectly.

They are a snug fit under the seats and one of the front seat mounting bolts holds it in place and stops it moving forwards.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

Attachments:

More
26 Oct 2022 20:51 #245600 by Darthblaker7474
Replied by Darthblaker7474 on topic Under seat storage
I've seen  these  for sale and have thought about getting one, perhaps 2 if it'll fit under the driver's side too.

However IIRC some JDM spec ones come with OEM versions, which I'd be more inclined to buy because I'm a snob 

• DrRobin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
More
27 Oct 2022 16:16 #245619 by DrRobin
I saw these, but £22 for the tray and £17 shipping to the UK. Plus they now won't fit under my replacement seats.

There is no reason why they won't fit under both seats, the seats are a mirror image of each other.

I suppose I could stencil 'JDM' on to my £3 plastic trays to go up market a bit?

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds