BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Welding help/advice undercarriage 05 Jimny UK

More
10 Aug 2022 13:55 #244485 by Drennan
Hello everyone,
New as a member to the forum, but have regularly searched information over the years to help identify and amend issues with my Jimny!
I have had my 05 Jimny for 13yrs with approx. 169,000 miles now on it's clock. We've been through a lot. I have a wonderful local mechanic who has lovingly ensured that my Jimny has kept on trucking - he even managed to fix the notorious 'death rattle'! However, when I took it in for it's service in June this year and to sort out an issue with the exhaust he took one look underneath and told me that the time had come to think about letting it go...the metal was all almost completely eaten away which also meant there was little point trying to mend the exhaust, either (the Jimny now sounds like an obnoxious muscle-car).
The whole underside would need welding and replacing and with no guarantee that it would still be able to pass it's MOT in September. Plus, although he knows how determined I am to maintain the Jimny and how much I rely on it, understandably, he would also not be able to devote his entire workshop to completing the welding for the time it would take.
I am hoping that someone here could offer any advice or recommendations as to whether there is the possibility of someone who could help with my Jimny? I live in the Derbyshire sticks with no immediate public transport to hand and commute to a big city for work. I cannot currently imagine not having the Jimny.... Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2023 21:15 #246654 by Drennan
Hello! Just to let you all know that I found a fab local welder who had the time and space to complete the job. It's all via word of mouth in these parts as, like my usual car whispering mechanic, they do not have an online presence. The Jimney passed It's MOT and we are back on the road for another year. Although, have recently discovered water leaking into the passenger side footwell but unsure if this stems from a heater pipe or a window seal?? Always something to sort out!

More
04 Jan 2023 06:57 #246657 by Soeley
That is good to hear, happy motoring for another year.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds