BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Trivial question about Jimny Gen4 model name

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
28 Jun 2022 03:20 #243866 by Lambert
But the SJ was formally available in the US. The LJ was the parallel import.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jun 2022 13:20 #243876 by fordem
Suzuki's first offering in the US market was the SJ413, branded as the Samurai, the SJ410 was not officially marketed.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
28 Jun 2022 15:10 #243877 by Lambert
Dunno then.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
06 Mar 2024 18:40 #254864 by Wild Bill

I suspect people are "making it up" based on the VIN Number having a V in it.

For the Jimny the real identity is in the "Model Code" on the VIN Plate.

For reference we are now up to "Type 3" although the UK only got Type 1. My Jimny Van is a Type 1 even though parts of the world had moved to type 2 (a few minor cosmetic tweeks)

Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me decipher a 2024 Jimny model code 6GG3BHH78.

Based on this table, everything lines up exactly UNTIL I get to the last two digits for the specification code, which I this case should be for the 'E78' country code. This has also been confirmed to me by a Suzuki dealer who ran the VIN through his system. However, from what I can ascertain 'E78' means ECE4 (E15, 16, 21, 25, 34, 53) - Finland, Norway, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy & Spain - YET the 5th digit 'B' should signify a 4-seater (which it definitely is). How can that be if E78 signifies Europe???
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds