BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Re:Suzuki GB & JIMNY

More
06 Jun 2022 12:11 #243595 by COTSWOLDJIMNY
Seems Suzuki GB are not cracking down on dealers and brand new Commercials being sold at inflated prices.
Another brand new one appeared today in my 1st choice colour and was met with the usual reply from HQ that the dealer can do what they want which is sadly disappointing as thought they must have some power, but clearly have zero control.

Seems they are trickling through a few a month, but sadly for me, I'll never see one on my driveway at those prices.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2022 15:55 #243600 by No Stock Available
The only thing Suzuki GB have asked the dealers to do is to not advertise the new Jimny's above list price.

They know 90% of dealers are pre regging the Jimnys and selling for more, Not much they can do really

More
07 Jun 2022 10:23 #243616 by COTSWOLDJIMNY
Replied by COTSWOLDJIMNY on topic Suzuki GB & JIMNY
Thanks for the info. Looks to me a never, never then unless I find one of the 10% whoever they are. Obviously that dealers email went into his junk folder:)

More
07 Jun 2022 15:12 #243620 by No Stock Available
All dealers in the last few days have also just been allocated 1 jimny each this month to sell.

Just pot luck to find the ones who will play ball on price.

More
08 Jun 2022 07:40 #243623 by COTSWOLDJIMNY
Replied by COTSWOLDJIMNY on topic Suzuki GB & JIMNY
That's interesting news, thanks!. My local dealer just sold his as it drove off the transporter but of course registered it as a a demo first:)

More
13 Jun 2022 09:51 #243686 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Suzuki GB & JIMNY
Just saw a brand new one on the transporter with a whole load of Swift's so they are still coming in.

Sent from my moto g42 using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
13 Jun 2022 11:56 #243689 by COTSWOLDJIMNY
Replied by COTSWOLDJIMNY on topic Re:Suzuki GB & JIMNY
interesting Martin as getting the same reply pretty much from the 10 dealers I contacted at the weekend below. Nobody seems to have a clue what is going on but assume it originates from HQ who don't want to get involved anymore with the bun fight:)

Thank you for your enquiry regarding a new Suzuki Jimny, I was at a Suzuki regional meeting two weeks ago and nothing was mentioned regarding a Jimny allocation to the network, I have also just checked our order portfolio which gives me full visibility of anything on order or due to arrive under our dealer code and unfortunately no Jimny there either.

I might be wrong but gut feel is that someone may have given you duff information!

If one were to come available then we would register the vehicle as demonstrator and sold as a used car.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
13 Jun 2022 12:14 #243690 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Suzuki GB & JIMNY
It's a pity that there isn't a national based outlet to expose some of the admittedly legal but ultimately morally bankrupt practices that are being perpetrated against consumers searching for a Jimny at list price.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
13 Jun 2022 12:29 #243691 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Re:Suzuki GB & JIMNY
Dunno how this is now but you had such laws on this in the EU -regulations. I am sure you have these laws now as well as most developed countries has them, anti corruption laws and laws ensuring free trade and free markets. It is most likely against the law to form a trust that stops free market price regulation.

But as here in Norway and most likely in the UK it is so hard to stop corporate lawlessness as they allways got the best lawyers, most money, and the politicians to go with it.
Capitalism is still sadly the least worst system we got :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
13 Jun 2022 16:25 #243696 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Re:Suzuki GB & JIMNY
Its the free market regulations that let a dealer set their own price. Suzuki can recommend but have little leverage to force a dealer. They can take away their dealership rights but that shoots Suzuki in the foot

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air

More
13 Jun 2022 16:42 #243697 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Re:Re:Suzuki GB & JIMNY
My impression was that market leading dealers may or may not have agreed upon using a higher price and no dealers use the price first given.
If there is such an agreement i do not think it is legal and is not free trade.
But most likely impossible to find any evidence of.

Nothing is worth more than what someone will pay for it anyways. :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
13 Jun 2022 19:02 #243699 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Re:Suzuki GB & JIMNY
That's price fixing. If dealers agreed then that is against the law. If they independently charge whatever they think they can then that's business

Martin

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds