BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Gen 4 USB

More
10 Apr 2022 08:49 #242817 by Goldfish
Gen 4 USB was created by Goldfish
Hello All,
Can I use a splitter to run AA and play media stick simultaneously?  If yes any recommendation on make and model? Otherwise please advise the necessary modification.
Thanks in advance.
Ben 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
10 Apr 2022 09:59 #242820 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Gen 4 USB
It's electronic so I can only guess, but would not 2 devices connected simultaneously to one input channel just cause a garbled signal that the input couldn't understand? Or are you wanting to only communicate with one device at a time but not have to keep disconnecting them?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
10 Apr 2022 12:26 #242825 by fordem
Replied by fordem on topic Gen 4 USB
Try it and see...

I doubt it can be done - USB, for those who may not know, is Universal Serial Bus - and being a bus, it was designed to allow the connection of multiple devices to a single port (I believe the maximum permitted in the spec is 127).

I'm not certain what you're referring to as a "splitter", but USB spec requires the use of a hub to connect multiple devices, the hub has active electronics in it, powered either from the USB port or a separate supply, and that's where the challenge comes in - the upstream host (the head unit) may not have the software driver for the hub, on a PC or similar, it's a non issue, on a head unit, it may not work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goldfish

More
10 Apr 2022 13:41 #242826 by Goldfish
Replied by Goldfish on topic Gen 4 USB
Thank you for the advice.
I meant USB adapter or hub. I have some old USB hub that need a separated power supply which is one of the issue you mentioned. Will try it and see The second issue is the head unit decoder, happen to notice my other car that has multiple USB ports but only one is ok for data, the other is for charging only.
Ben

More
10 Apr 2022 13:50 #242827 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Gen 4 USB
If you're running Android Auto, why wouldn't you have your music on your phone and play it via AA?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goldfish

More
10 Apr 2022 14:59 #242830 by Goldfish
Replied by Goldfish on topic Gen 4 USB
Sorted by download an AA compatible music player app. Just need to copy all music files from the USB stick to the phone.
Thank you all.
Ben
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds