BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Off topic - infrequently use Motorbike and modern petrol

More
10 Apr 2022 18:35 #242839 by Dan
I did a bit of research online, pistonheads etc when E10 was coming in. I think there was only one super plus unleaded that was ethanol free, and even then that was only available in certain areas of England.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scimike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2022 10:14 #242849 by facade
That will be Esso, as I posted, except in Devon, Cornwall, North Wales, North England and Scotland.

www.esso.co.uk/en-gb/fuels/petrol

There is no requirement for ethanol in Super unleaded at present, so it is possible that all Super unleaded fuel from Fawley is safe, but I don't know if Exon-Mobil supply anyone else except Esso. (Mobil petrol stations changed to BP)

Round here, Esso comes from the Birmingham Depot, with a pipeline to Fawley. BP & Shell have Depots at Kingsbury so their fuel isn't the same.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
11 Apr 2022 20:37 #242861 by RainerK
I drain the tank and then fill with some Aspen and start for a minute to make sure that the E10 is gone. The current fuel is really a pain! It used to be much better, especially the diesel.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds