BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Poor servicin

More
21 Feb 2022 20:43 - 21 Feb 2022 20:45 #241956 by Stainless
Replied by Stainless on topic Poor servicin
We were very happy with our new 2006 Jimmy Auto JLX+, and drove it to the main Suzuki dealership where we bought it, for its first annual service. That evening we noticed a small pool of oil under the Transfer Case. Investigation underneath revealed the Transfer Case level/fill plug hanging on by one thread. My guess is the technician put the plug in by hand, meaning to tighten it once he/she had fetched the tool, something they forgot to do. I complained by phone, and declined a return journey there, topping up the oil and tightening the plug myself. At the second annual service, we collected it and when we tried to brake, the pedal went to the floor. A quick look at what the 2 year service included, showed a change of brake fluid. My guess again is the brakes we’re not bled afterwards. Another complaint and another declined return journey, we bled the brakes ourselves. Needless to say, the Jimny has not been anywhere near a Suzuki dealership since. I have enjoyed the annual servicing, the Jimny is so nice to work on.
Last edit: 21 Feb 2022 20:45 by Stainless. Reason: Bad grammar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2022 21:39 - 21 Feb 2022 21:41 #241960 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Poor servicin
Well, we use our local Suzuki dealer (Horderns in Derbyshire)
They have been exemplary in every way, the Jimny is returned cleaned and l've no complaints about the work done.
They also did the door harness recall, and it was done while l waited.

So not all dealers are bad! l would normally service it myself once out of warranty but due to the high values of Jimnys it might be better to keep the book stamped.
Last edit: 21 Feb 2022 21:41 by lightning.

More
21 Feb 2022 22:34 #241963 by Roger Fairclough
Replied by Roger Fairclough on topic Poor servicin
It is not a requirement of the warranty that servicing has to be done by a Suzuki dealer. As long as the garage is registered their service stamp is acceptable.

Not so for the anti corrosion warranty though, this must be done by Suzuki.

Roger

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds