BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Returning to the world of Jimny’s and Auto box advice

• ZukracerV6
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2022 11:57 #241582 by ZukracerV6
Hi,

Its been a good few years since I sold my Jimny trialer and the amphibious Surf was sold about 18 months ago.  Despite other projects I am missing the Jimny and off road trials!   

Currently toying with with the idea of a single seater buggy based on a Jimny chassis, engine and running gear but going super light weight.

The donor vehicle will be an auto Jimny more than likely sourced from Copart.   Not worried about the condition of the body as it will all be going.

If a look for a post 2001 double cam Jimny etc is there any years I should be avoiding?  Must be an auto!

Cheers

Sam 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2022 11:34 #241623 by LesNewell
The VVT version (2005 on?) has a stronger front diff. I think the auto box has some improvements as well.

More
21 Feb 2022 21:07 #241958 by Stainless
Agreed with the recommendations. Our 2006 Jimny auto has been a lovely vehicle, the petrol engine is lively enough, and the auto box is excellent.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds