BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Used Jimny prices

More
16 Dec 2021 12:57 #240678 by gilburton
Used Jimny prices was created by gilburton
My 08 Jimny has just passed the MOT again with a few advisories. I started to think along the lines that it's getting on a bit and getting to the stage where it will probably need something doing every MOT time so, to that end, I looked at the asking prices on ebay for the same year and similar mileage (97k)
To say I was blown away doesn't cover it. I couldn't believe the asking prices. I know used cars are supposed to be in demand and Jimnys have always been higher than equivilent cars but the selling price in my head was way below the ebay prices by app £2k lol
I'll need to think about this lol

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2021 19:30 - 16 Dec 2021 19:52 #240682 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Used Jimny prices
Same here in Norway.
Bought my 2005 in 2014 for the equivalent of 6000£ and mods aside I could ask almost the same for it now if I should become mentally insane and sell it.
Mind you the Jimny is not sold here now, and has not been imported in any numbers here since 2006.
Bear in mind that most cars here are priced new at twice that of the rest of EU and most jimnys were treated with under sealing when new.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 16 Dec 2021 19:52 by yakuza. Reason: adjusted the currency

More
05 Jan 2022 14:23 #240910 by Roger Fairclough
Replied by Roger Fairclough on topic Used Jimny prices
And so it goes on.

Gen 4. SZ5 at Suzuki in Stratford upon Avon.

£32,499

Roger

More
05 Jan 2022 16:07 #240912 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Used Jimny prices
I bought my 2011 in 2019 from a dealer with 6 month warranty for just less than £7k, the same car would now be £9k - £10k and that is 2.5 years older with more miles.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 Jan 2022 20:10 #240920 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Used Jimny prices
If I could find another 18 plate automatic gearbox gen3 for sale which I currently cannot then on the basis of the 67 plate cars available I would need a minimum of 3 grand over what I paid in May last year. This bubble is unsustainable, it will burst sooner than later.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
06 Jan 2022 09:38 #240932 by Roger Fairclough
Yes it's unsustainable, but it's fun watching it grow .

Roger

More
06 Jan 2022 17:06 #240939 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Used Jimny prices
After seeing a couple of troubled Jimnys with either too large dents or failed MOT be sold or put on the market for around a 1000£ (or 10000 NOK) I set up a notification on the most popular used car website in Norway, planning to buy one as a donor for my SJ project.
But now two years later none has come out at that price. Several did before.

For now I'll just scrap my plan of putting 2004 Jimny wiring, engine,dash ++ in my 1987 SJ lwb project.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
06 Jan 2022 19:05 #240942 by Roger Fairclough
Were you planning to use the Gen.3 suspension on your Gen.2 project?

Roger

More
15 Jan 2022 09:01 #241150 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Used Jimny prices
While I was at the dealers collecting my Jimny yesterday I saw this on the forecourt  GEN3  to put it in context, that is the price I paid for mt GEN4 3 years ago and this is 2 years older.

They also have a  GEN4  in stock.

More
15 Jan 2022 09:14 - 15 Jan 2022 09:17 #241153 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Used Jimny prices
That's a lot for a Gen 3

However a few things have happened that may have caused a rise in Jimny Gen 3 prices.

Many towns are introducing LEZ's and this has caused a lot of Defender owners to fall foul of the new penalties, the Manchester one starts in May and it's £9 per day if your Defender doesn't comply.

That's any Defender classed as a "Commercial Vehicle" (all hard tops, double cabs, truck cabs and Utility versions plus anything made after 2011 when they were all reclassified "Commercial" by Land Rover to get around emissions and safety regs such as no airbags)

Obviously Jimnys are petrol, which means they mostly comply with the new LEZ (petrol cars made after 2004, with diesel it's around 2015)

So l've seen a rise in Jimny SZ3 prices around here, coupled with a fall in Defender prices.
Last edit: 15 Jan 2022 09:17 by lightning.

More
15 Jan 2022 10:00 #241158 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Used Jimny prices
A 6 year old Gen 3 for the same money as when it was new, crazy.

Mind a 4 year old Gen 4 for £27k, only two years younger makes the Gen 3 look reasonable value? Nooooo, they are both over priced.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
15 Jan 2022 10:15 #241160 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Used Jimny prices
It's an auto so it will be more than a similar manual. It also makes me happy that I got Temeraire when I did as I suspect being a year or more newer she would probably be firmly into the 20s now.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds