BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

JIMNY 2001 1382cc

• OURQUINN
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Nov 2021 13:11 #240321 by OURQUINN
JIMNY 2001 1382cc was created by OURQUINN
I asked the other day can i fit a different engine in my 2001 Jimny, your help was very appreciated.
I have been told by a friend that a 2008 Suzuki Vitara 1.6 with Ecu and wiring loom will go straght in and attach to current gearbox is this possible please ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2021 14:51 - 25 Nov 2021 15:20 #240325 by fordem
Replied by fordem on topic JIMNY 2001 1382cc
If your Jimny is an M13A engine, and the Vitara is an M16A engine, then it's a relatively easy swap.

Search the forum, there's a fair bit of detail as to what is involved.

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/6-jimny...d-my-m16a-conversion
www.auszookers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30308

The threads above will discuss running the M16A with the M13A harness and ECU, there are some other factors to be considered if you attempt to swap the M16A ECU & harness - the ECU is going to look for all the other electronics in the donor vehicle (BCM, immobilizer, etc.) and throw a hissy fit when it doesn't see them.

Also pay attention to VVT & non-VVT
Last edit: 25 Nov 2021 15:20 by fordem.

More
25 Nov 2021 17:23 #240329 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic JIMNY 2001 1382cc
Don't forget to inform the DVLA with the new engine number and size, they will issue a new V5C and possibly move you up a tax band.

Also remember to tell your insurance company and click the 'I have modified my car' check box. It might not change your premium, but you need to keep them informed.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
26 Nov 2021 08:34 #240334 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic JIMNY 2001 1382cc
I'm not 100% about the Vitara engine, but I do know a Liana 1.6 will go in without having to change the wiring or the ECU. I've done it a couple of times. It's just a case of swapping bolt-on parts between your old Jimny engine and the new Liana one. Make sure both engines are non-vvt versions. Use the Liana injectors and throttle body.
I have a feeling there are some other differences between the Jimny and Vitara engines that make it a bit trickier to do. It's certainly a much less common swap.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds