BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Wheels locking up

• Ploddy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Oct 2021 06:16 #239527 by Ploddy
Wheels locking up was created by Ploddy
morning all I was out on the weekend green landing with my little jimny 
Drove over 200 miles and then parked up went to move it this morning to get the bins out and started straight away but the wheels where locked ?
if it was the brakes it surely would of came off when trying to drive it just kept starling 
Any help is appreciated 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2021 07:15 #239530 by saxj
Replied by saxj on topic Wheels locking up
Probably mud in the rear drum brakes

More
20 Oct 2021 09:11 #239532 by Roger Fairclough
Replied by Roger Fairclough on topic Wheels locking up
Yes, mud in the rear brakes. Overnight the mud has dried and the brake system is solid. You may have a lot of trouble getting the drums off so have the garden hose handy and run water into the drum from the top and work the drum to flow the dirt and water out at the bottom.
I converted the auto adjust to manual on my old LC and was able to slacken them off which made drum removal easy. Just a thought.

Roger

More
20 Oct 2021 19:39 - 20 Oct 2021 19:39 #239544 by Fossie
Replied by Fossie on topic Wheels locking up
Last year I drove our spare jimny down to my daughters , about 200 miles ...al motorway , everything was fine , but after a few hours parked up it wouldn't move back or forwards , even in 4wd ...finally arranged recovery next day to a repair place ...low and behold a loud bang it it was fine ...I concluded it was the front brakes and the slide pins siezed in the out position ,, however the hand brake was never left on when parked up , though a n inspection showed no reason that it was the handbrake ....just a thought.
Last edit: 20 Oct 2021 19:39 by Fossie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ploddy

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds