BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

OEM Unit instead of Bosch

• edwinov
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Sep 2021 04:25 #238920 by edwinov
OEM Unit instead of Bosch was created by edwinov
Still waiting for my Jimny that's due to arrive in a few weeks. Just got word from the dealer that because of the chinese virus and supply chain delays bla bla the Jimny will not come with the Bosch unit (radio, etc.) but with an OEM one, that has 'similar feautures', is a bit bigger and is the one they use in South America by default.

Does anyone have any experience with this OEM unit? Photo? Is it indeed similar? Does it suck? Should I demand a discount for this?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• edwinov
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Sep 2021 06:27 - 24 Sep 2021 06:29 #238922 by edwinov
Replied by edwinov on topic OEM Unit instead of Bosch
According to the dealer this is the very unit:

They said it would be what they use in South America but on the Suzuki Brazil website they show a JBL one, so that information seems to be incorrect : www.suzukiveiculos.com.br/veiculos/jimny-sierra-4style#

Should I be happy with this unit? How does it compare to the Bosch one (as far as you can tell from the few videos above)?
Last edit: 24 Sep 2021 06:29 by edwinov.

• Jimnyz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Sep 2021 03:40 - 27 Sep 2021 03:53 #238969 by Jimnyz
Replied by Jimnyz on topic OEM Unit instead of Bosch
I had a NZ 2019 Gen4 Jimny with the Bosch unit as standard. I though it was a good unit although occasionally a bit slow when entering GPS addresses and changing screens. The wired Apple Carplay was good and mostly bug free. Occasionally it wouldn't connect, but not often. I liked it though and would want it again.

I'm awaiting a new 2021 Jimny as well. The dealer says it should be here in the next few weeks, but due to the lockdown backlog that could be 3-4 weeks.
When we spoke last week he didn't mention anything about a different head unit. It looks like the OEM unit has wireless Carplay which would be something the Bosch unit doesn't offer, so would be better I think.

Did you order a reversing camera?

Edit: Just watched the videos and couldn't see inbuilt GPS maps in there. If it doesn't have that, then it's not as good as the Bosch.
Last edit: 27 Sep 2021 03:53 by Jimnyz.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds