BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

More
19 Sep 2021 11:35 #238784 by pim123
New member was created by pim123
Hi, I am Pim from the Netherlands and I get my new Jimny February next year.
Hope to learn a lot in this forum and my first question is if it is possible to (lightly) off road with the original tyres ?

Thanks for your answers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2021 11:42 #238785 by lookonimages
Replied by lookonimages on topic Re:New member
Welcome, yes it is already a very capable vehicle on std tyres. You will be amazed what you can do and where you can go on std setup.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: pim123

More
19 Sep 2021 11:44 #238786 by pim123
Replied by pim123 on topic Re:New member
great, tnx !

More
19 Sep 2021 14:17 #238788 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Re:New member
Hi Pim, welcome.
​​​​​​Happy new Jimny when it arrives, hope it makes you smile as you drive along.
MIke

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
19 Sep 2021 14:23 #238789 by fordem
Replied by fordem on topic Re:New member
Off road means different things to different people, I would not carry my 2021 Jimny off road here (in Guyana) on standard tires, the mud we have here will fill the treads in short order turning them into slicks that provide no traction.

I picked up my Jimny at the end of January, and at the first service the local dealership confirmed that a change in tire size would not affect warranty coverage - new tires in an appropriate tread pattern have since been ordered.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
19 Sep 2021 14:35 #238790 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:New member
Welcome to the forum. A Jimny on standard tyres with traction control will make quite reasonable progress in most conditions but as said above there are limits especially in clay based mud. In reality though most new owners will shy away from obstacles well before the Jimny actually runs out of ability.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
19 Sep 2021 15:23 #238791 by pim123
Replied by pim123 on topic Re:New member
Ok, and what size and tyres did you order ? KO2's ?

• MrPaynterZA
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Sep 2021 17:14 #238796 by MrPaynterZA
Replied by MrPaynterZA on topic New member
Welcome!
I think it has been covered but yes the standard tyres are very capable. I have a suspicion though that the standard tyres can vary by market. Here in South Africa we get Dunlop Grand Treks in a 190/80r15s.

I did a lot of beach / soft sand driving and some mild to mediocre (google: Sani Pass South Africa) ilon the stock tyres with absolutely complaints. 

I have since gone up to 215/80r15s in the Goodyear Wrangler ATs but to begin eith I considered replacing the stock offering.

More
19 Sep 2021 18:27 #238801 by pim123
Replied by pim123 on topic New member
wow, that Sani Pass is beautiful !

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds