BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Failed body mounts

• Morticia001
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Sep 2021 10:22 #238749 by Morticia001
Failed body mounts was created by Morticia001
Hi All
I got my Jimmy up on the ramps and have discovered that 5 of the 6 body mounts have completely rusted through. I’m no mechanic or welder but wish to know whether a. It can be repaired, b. How much I’m looking at, or c. Should I scrap the vehicle?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2021 10:57 #238751 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Failed body mounts
A yes anything can be fixed
B cost will be way over £1000 to do it right
C don't scrap it......Break it for spares or sell it for spares or repair 
What year is the jimny 

• Morticia001
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Sep 2021 11:23 #238752 by Morticia001
Replied by Morticia001 on topic Failed body mounts
September 2002

More
18 Sep 2021 11:33 #238753 by Keithy
Replied by Keithy on topic Failed body mounts
5 of 6.....there are/were 8

How longs a piece of string really.......chassis side or body side makes a difference.

2002.....what a year!

Attachments:

More
19 Sep 2021 06:35 #238770 by Dirtbird
Replied by Dirtbird on topic Failed body mounts
thats serious fabrication Keithy did you drill out the spot welds ?

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

More
19 Sep 2021 07:56 #238775 by Keithy

thats serious fabrication Keithy did you drill out the spot welds ?

Mostly yes.....I should have traybacked it instead..... I've made a rear cab mould to do just that in future.

Attachments:

More
19 Sep 2021 08:49 #238778 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Failed body mounts
You have had no luck with this Jimny, according to your other post you have only just bought it, could you go back to the seller?

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
19 Sep 2021 11:06 #238781 by Dirtbird
Why did you post that I've only gotten over the idea of a truck cab conversion and now it's back in me head? I was really digging into Terrys way of building the cab and thinking Id like to do the same with an Iforwillams canopy . Is it a mould or the finished article? And was it hard to do .

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

More
19 Sep 2021 16:21 #238793 by Keithy

Why did you post that I've only gotten over the idea of a truck cab conversion and now it's back in me head? I was really digging into Terrys way of building the cab and thinking Id like to do the same with an Iforwillams canopy . Is it a mould or the finished article? And was it hard to do .

I put some details up of one I did previously....with pictures.

jimny4k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8

That's the mould I've made....probably get around to making a panel next year once I finish a few jobs off.

I'd describe it as straightforward.....but I do have previous experience.

Attachments:

More
20 Sep 2021 12:41 #238819 by Dirtbird
MAN some job.

• Sean65
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Sep 2021 13:58 #238825 by Sean65
Replied by Sean65 on topic Failed body mounts
Buy a welder and do it yourself. It’s pretty thin metal but if you are planning on having a Jimny or Landy for that matter, it’s a worthwhile skill to invest in. 

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds