BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Rocksliders/step

More
28 Jul 2021 12:23 #237079 by Axholme Lion
Anyone got any recommendations for rock sliders/sidestep for the Gen4? Something that is a straight bolt on job would be preferred. I assume the LCV will have the same mountings as an SZ5.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2021 13:31 #237086 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Rocksliders/step
Jimnybits rocksliders are great as both sliders and as a step, however I seem to recall from one of Martin's videos that the LCV doesn't have the 'box' bit at the side of the chassis (section that the arrows point at in this picture), which the middle mount clamps onto, so not sure they'd work.

Attachments:

More
28 Jul 2021 15:26 #237092 by Axholme Lion
Replied by Axholme Lion on topic Rocksliders/step
Thanks for that. I'll keep an eye out to see if there's a modified version for the LCV.

More
29 Jul 2021 08:41 #237112 by saxj
Replied by saxj on topic Rocksliders/step

Jimnybits rocksliders are great as both sliders and as a step, however I seem to recall from one of Martin's videos that the LCV doesn't have the 'box' bit at the side of the chassis (section that the arrows point at in this picture), which the middle mount clamps onto, so not sure they'd work.

The version of the Gen 4 that we get in South Africa doesn't have that box. We speculated and came to the conclusion that it must be something to do with side impact protection (We only get 2 front airbags no side protection), but obviously that is not the case, so it's still a mystery what it is for.

A local company here in South Africa makes some pretty decent rock sliders and other goodies. Have a look at www.des-sol.co.za. They do ship to the UK.

More
29 Jul 2021 10:42 #237113 by Axholme Lion
Thankyou for the info.

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
29 Jul 2021 11:18 #237114 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Rocksliders/step
Sorry for borrowing your thread. Are the jimnybits sliders considered as robust enough for a high lift jack point?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
29 Jul 2021 13:08 #237116 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic Rocksliders/step

Sorry for borrowing your thread. Are the jimnybits sliders considered as robust enough for a high lift jack point?
Yes I would have thought so, although they don't have any points designed to locate such a jack on them.

I've bashed mine a few times and they have held up well and have a good solid mounting solution. There seems to be several different designs of sliders for the JB74 and they all mount differently. Watching the chap in SA overlanding, when it hits stuff with his sliders they wobble all over the show by comparison.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

More
29 Jul 2021 13:30 #237117 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Rocksliders/step
Provided the jaws of the jack can reach the main rail of the sliders, I can't see why not. They're seriously meaty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
29 Jul 2021 14:58 #237119 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Rocksliders/step
Cheers both. Need to consider functionality against weight and cost/vfm.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
29 Jul 2021 18:44 #237135 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Rocksliders/step

Yes I would have thought so, although they don't have any points designed to locate such a jack on them.

I've bashed mine a few times and they have held up well and have a good solid mounting solution. There seems to be several different designs of sliders for the JB74 and they all mount differently. Watching the chap in SA overlanding, when it hits stuff with his sliders they wobble all over the show by comparison.
Yes, it seems some side steps are being sold as Rocksliders. Some I have seen have so many brackets hanging down, they will not slide, they just provide more things to get caught up on. 

More
30 Jul 2021 07:32 #237143 by Axholme Lion
I liked the look of the ones on your Jimny at the meet. Which ones were they?

More
30 Jul 2021 08:47 #237145 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Rocksliders/step
They are the JimnyBits ones. They really are rock solid and offer good protection underneath and to the side of the sill.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds