BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

A narrow lane in Northumberland

• DrRobin
  • DrRobin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • Newbie in Northumberland
More
26 Jul 2021 19:15 #237015 by DrRobin
A narrow lane not far from where I live, could have been made for a Jimny's width.  It's a proper BOAT with no restrictions but I can't imagine getting anything much bigger down it.  Not helped by two tractor tyres filled with brick at one end.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: X8GGY, Lambert, Riccy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2021 10:05 #237028 by Reason2doubt
Nice! I'll have to have a look for that one when I am next back up in Northumberland!

Hope you are well DrRobin! 

• DrRobin
  • DrRobin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • Newbie in Northumberland
More
28 Jul 2021 09:40 #237076 by DrRobin

Nice! I'll have to have a look for that one when I am next back up in Northumberland!

Hope you are well DrRobin! 

Thanks R2D.  I can send you the location, or reference if you like?  This is a lane I have known for a while, we walk our dog down here sometimes, so had to wait for an opportunity when it would be quiet, I didn't really want to meet anyone on such a narrow lane with limited opportunity to pass.

I have downloaded the 'Definitive Rights of Way' maps, kml, gpx files for all of the regions round here (Northumberland, Co Durham, North Yorkishire) and identified a few nice little lanes, but Google Earth really helps to see if they can be driven or if the entrance/exit is blocked.

We are really well here, a pity we didn't see each other at the meet-up.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
01 Aug 2021 06:55 #237212 by Reason2doubt
That would be great! Looks like my kind of little lane to try. Perhaps when I am next up I can drop you a private message?

Alas, I chose to do significant repairs to mine just before the meet. I hadn't intended on them being quite so severe but it showed what a state some sections were in (20+ years of rust build-up), so it is finally time to fix it all!

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds