BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

AC sound problem

More
18 Jul 2021 08:46 #236771 by MGADIR
AC sound problem was created by MGADIR
hi, my jimny 2015 has a problem, when i accelerate 
or give gas on "n" 
there is sound and i see the ac compressor stops for second and when it stops , i hear the sound.
(second 9 in the attached video).

click here to see the video

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2021 08:57 - 18 Jul 2021 09:01 #236772 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic AC sound problem
Have you checked the A/C to see if it's low on gas?

Also, l believe that on some cars the A/C will disengage when you are accelerating fast in order to improve engine power to the wheels, as the A/C compressor uses between 1-4bhp 

But it shouldn't keep switching in an out, it may be low on gas.
A/C loses up to 10% of its gas every year. Once it gets below around 60% it may not work.
Last edit: 18 Jul 2021 09:01 by lightning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MGADIR

More
18 Jul 2021 10:36 #236773 by MGADIR
Replied by MGADIR on topic AC sound problem
Thanks for your fast replay. The gas is excellent And last tear i filled it
Do you have idea for the sound ?

More
18 Jul 2021 11:06 #236775 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic AC sound problem
lt sounds like the drive belt is slipping, have you checked the belt tension, or replaced the belt?

ls the A/C still working?
The following user(s) said Thank You: MGADIR

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
18 Jul 2021 14:37 #236779 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic AC sound problem
The noise is definitely the drive belt slipping. It could be because the belt is not correctly tensioned or it could be the ac pump is beginning to seize which in turn could be a failing bearing in the pump or the system is somehow over pressure. I would suggest belt tension first as mentioned above.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
19 Jul 2021 12:24 #236804 by MGADIR
Yes the ac is still working

More
19 Jul 2021 12:29 #236805 by MGADIR
The mechanic said that the problem is with the pump, i replaced the pump , the new pump is stopping like above when giving gas, but there is no belt sound,
Second thing now the ac is weak and not colding like the old one before replace the pump
And now when i drive with ac i hear a sound like zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I returned to the mechanic cheked the gas and the pressure and said that every thing is ok but i know my jeep and not
Have you an idea what the problem ??

More
19 Jul 2021 19:56 #236818 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic AC sound problem
Humm.
Like everyone else my money was on the belt slipping being your first problem. You can get a similar noise from the electric clutch on the pump if it starts to slip, but I did not see any evidence of this on your first video. If you over pressure the system the electric clutch starts to slip before a correctly adjusted belt, I know because I accidentally did this on ours. If you then drop the pressure it stops. So you can stop pump clutch slip by simply reducing the refrigerant pressure, but less refrigerant reduces the performance of the cooling system.

Your current symptoms sound like the pump or low refrigerant level.

So did you fit the pump yourself and know it was good or has the pressure been reduced on the system to stop clutch slip?

​​​​​

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
19 Jul 2021 20:11 #236820 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic AC sound problem

The mechanic said that the problem is with the pump, i replaced the pump , the new pump is stopping like above when giving gas, but there is no belt sound,
Second thing now the ac is weak and not colding like the old one before replace the pump
And now when i drive with ac i hear a sound like zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I returned to the mechanic cheked the gas and the pressure and said that every thing is ok but i know my jeep and not
Have you an idea what the problem ??
if it is not the belt and everything else checks out do Jimny have a high/low pressure sensor on the ac?  If they do perhaps this faulty or tripping when it shouldn’t, that would certainly give the problems you have.

the only other thing I can think of is dirty ac gas or perhaps a blocked condenser/radiator.

My other vehicle used to run the ac for a few minutes then trip when the gas was low, it had a series of problems and needed a lot of welding last time, so I have given up on it now.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds