BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Re:Re:New Jimny Commercial

More
18 Jun 2021 19:13 #235939 by mlines
The lists quickly change. People have put themselves on multiple lists and when they get an offer from one dealer that clears spaces on three or four lists.

Some dealers have not been offered their second car (September) whilst others have so there will be a few more.

Also the dealers who had put some commercials up into autotrader at stupid prices have pulled the adverts. Of course that may mean they have sold them but it could also be because I understand Suzuki is really not happy and has said so. There were supposed to be a third car for some dealers, perhaps they were threatened that this would be given to someone else.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2021 22:14 #235946 by lightning
Well, l hope that prices for the Jimny come back down to more sensible levels.
And l speak as an owner. l suppose l
should be happy that ours is still worth what we paid for it, but l don't like it when a shortage of cars makes that model prohibitively expensive.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
19 Jun 2021 05:08 #235951 by Lambert
An interesting observation, yesterday afternoon mother was going to our local recycling centre to dispose of some green waste and plant pots. To avoid making a mess of the back of Spare Jimny she went down in Leviathan. Evidently they are either clued up or have ANPR and demanded regardless of the contents that she should register as a trade user and pay a substantial fee. She left. Later the same day I took the same items and a sand bag filled with hedge clippings in Temeraire and they didn't bat an eye. So just be careful what you use your new commercial variant to do, you may be getting taxed left and right.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
19 Jun 2021 09:02 #235956 by Fossie
Lambert , we have a similar issue here at our plant ...it turns out after a number of trips a particular registration is flagged up and after that it is charged ...obviously everyone just swaps cars!
Or you may be right ..commercial = ka ching!

More
19 Jun 2021 19:37 #235968 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Re:Re:New Jimny Commercial

Just to add, both the satnav gps and the e-call gps  modules look like "GPS Pucks" (Google it) in which case it would be simple to  buy one from eBay and wire it in.

The £10 ones work- you need one for a Bosch LCN (Low Cost Navigator- my idea of "low cost" isn't theirs :) )

The ebay ones have the square blue plug with the external release.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds