BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Bilstein shocks

• Charliesjimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Apr 2021 20:24 #234475 by Charliesjimny
Bilstein shocks was created by Charliesjimny
Hi, I've been looking into upgrading my 1999 Jimnys suspension but because of legal issues I don't want to raise it too much, I have found that Einbach has a 2 to 2,5cm spring lift kit that works with Bilstein B6 shocks but There seems to be two different types of B6, one is the Bilstein B6 4600 (part number  24-193382 front and 24-193399 rear) and the other is the Bilstein B6 performance (part number 24-060622 front 24-060639 rear) 
can anyone tell me if they know what the difference is? The B6 4600 is also slightly more expensive than the B6 performance. 
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2021 23:05 - 14 Apr 2021 23:06 #234477 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Bilstein shocks
Hi,
I can't tell you what the difference is in construction or actual spec, but the Bilstein marketing blurb has three offerings:-
B6 - Road biased OEM replacement.
B6 Performance - Road biased replacement but better tuned than OEM.
B6 4600 - Road / off-road tuned replacement.
The recommended fitting for a Jimny is shown as type B6 4600. It looks like the 4600 is a development of the B6 aimed at the 4x4 market.
Actual physical difference I guess you could ask Bilstein, but they are a premium brand so it's unlikely to be the same damper in different boxes!
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 14 Apr 2021 23:06 by Scimike.

• Charliesjimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Apr 2021 06:52 #234479 by Charliesjimny
Replied by Charliesjimny on topic Bilstein shocks
Thanks, that makes sense.

More
15 Apr 2021 08:33 #234481 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Bilstein shocks
Take this with a pinch of salt, as I've no first-hand experience, but I've seen others mention that the Bilstein shocks are very stiff, with a strong road bias. Just so you're aware if comfort is important.

More
15 Apr 2021 10:50 - 15 Apr 2021 10:51 #234483 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Bilstein shocks
I don’t think the rationale behind Bilstein development of the B6 4600 should be taken with scepticism, but like everything suspension related it’s down to personal wants and needs. Its impossible (unfortunately) to give any measurable feedback on suspension changes due to the human factor, what’s good for one will be bad for another.

Just installing new dampers can make a vehicle feel stiff as the outgoing ones are usually shot.

Unfortunately you need to try before you buy which is almost impossible to do.

Your best bet is to go with dampers design for the vehicle intended use, but with built in adjustment, that way you can at least tune the damping to your needs and hopefully achieve what you want.Good luck

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 15 Apr 2021 10:51 by Scimike.

More
15 Apr 2021 20:22 #234494 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Bilstein shocks
I run Eibach prolift +30mm springs with AVO adjustable dampers. Very happy with the suspension set up....

sniper

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds