BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny prices

More
23 May 2021 19:54 #235301 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Jimny prices
If someone offered me £30K I would say no, I have mine just as I like it now.
Knowing my luck if I accepted the only ones available to buy would be ones with the G Wagon body kit 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2021 05:41 #235338 by RumbleAndSway
Replied by RumbleAndSway on topic Jimny prices
£58k to equip a new Defender to SZ5 spec, a Wrangler £50k+, Landcruiser £42k+ 

No wonder Jimny prices are firm.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 May 2021 06:32 #235339 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Jimny prices
This may well be one of the driving factors but having also got a cruiser I would say that the comparison is very limited in scope don't get me wrong but the cruiser is a much more thorough design and is a very competent tool. It's like comparison between an apple and a gorilla, not really the same sort of thing.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
25 May 2021 06:49 #235340 by RumbleAndSway
Replied by RumbleAndSway on topic Jimny prices
Agree. Yet these are the four offering genuine off-road capability.

The Jimny remains the only lightweight, affordable, compact option.

My South African friends always told me the Lancruiser was the only answer. All had experimented with Touregs, Cayenne’s and Range Rovers but always returned to the Landcruiser.

More
25 May 2021 07:35 - 25 May 2021 07:36 #235343 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Jimny prices
l've been looking at selling the Defender and buying a Wrangler LWB
Reason being that Defender prices are high at the moment, l've been offered £18,000 for my 2005 LWB County SW
The list price (of the Wrangler) is indeed £50,000 and some are asking that for new ones.
However if you look around you can get a new one for £40,000.
ln fact l was offered a brand new LWB Overland petrol with the sliding roof (a £2,000 option) for £40,000 a few weeks ago.
They had another at the same price, a LWB Sahara diesel
Sadly both were out of my reach. l had started looking at the older version but the new one from 2018 onwards is much better.
Last edit: 25 May 2021 07:36 by lightning.

More
25 May 2021 09:37 #235345 by Axholme Lion
Replied by Axholme Lion on topic Jimny prices
While we're going a bit off Jimny here does anyone on here have any experience of Isuzu d-max or Toyota Hi Lux? I'm thinking of something long term after Jimbo is paid off (definately keeping the Jimny).

More
25 May 2021 11:19 #235353 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic Jimny prices
Even "we buy any car.com" is offering more than the original new price, £20,295 was offered for my SZ5 Its still not for sale..

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 May 2021 11:30 #235355 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Jimny prices

While we're going a bit off Jimny here does anyone on here have any experience of Isuzu d-max or Toyota Hi Lux? I'm thinking of something long term after Jimbo is paid off (definately keeping the Jimny).

Other than a test drive when looking for the cruiser I have no direct experience but in the 5 miles I did in a D-Max it was very good as a road car, just massive compared with my gen3.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
25 May 2021 13:27 #235362 by RainerK
Replied by RainerK on topic Jimny prices
I had a HiLux for some time. It is a very nice and reliable car.

However, the
- capabilities in off-roading are limited (compared to a Jimny)
- fuel consumption is higher

I would think that all other differences with advantages and disadvantages are obvious.

• Groundworker
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 May 2021 22:31 #235374 by Groundworker
Replied by Groundworker on topic Jimny prices
I have a Dmax, it's a 65 plate, owned it from new. It's done 77k and been totally trouble free. I tow a 3.5t trailer with it more often than not.
I have the 2.5l and the only problem is it's high gearing, makes pulling off with a loaded trailer a bit of an ordeal. The newer one is a 1.9l with much lower gearing so probably better for towing. Have to agree they are big, add an Ifor 12ft trailer on and it's humongous. Ties better than a 110 defender TD5 that I replaced it with.
Think they've really gone up in price though.

More
27 May 2021 03:51 - 27 May 2021 03:52 #235432 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Jimny prices
It will be interesting to see how the original gen4 Jimmy prices hold now the first new batch has landed.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 27 May 2021 03:52 by mlines.

More
27 May 2021 06:51 #235435 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic Re:Jimny prices

It will be interesting to see how the original gen4 Jimmy prices hold now the first new batch has landed.
Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk
Personally I don’t think the commercial version will have much impact on the value of the  4 seat version as we are looking at two totally different kinds of buyers. If Suzuki was going to import an updated SZ4/5 versions which had an EU emission compliant engine then I would have imagined that the 2018-2020 Jimny prices would have plummeted. The two seater has been physically modified to make it comply with the commercial specifications , the back seats have been removed and also the mountings making it difficult and expensive to refit, the front seats have been moved forward and the car only comes in SZ4 spec, the price is also speculated at £19,000 plus with VAT. The commercial is only going to appeal to a very small niche market and it will probably also hold its own value in that group.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds