BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny prices

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
06 Aug 2021 16:10 #237344 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Jimny prices
I have had a good laugh today. One of my friends who has more money than sense has a new short defender and brought it up to the farm for a catch up. Anyway I was at one of the more inaccessible places I have, basically the bottom of a very steep grass hill. It is tricky on the easy line if it's wet, which it currently is very. So matey decided he would show Temeraire a lesson and drive straight up the steepest bit. The defender gave a refusal at the first 3 attempts. Temeraire didn't offer one refusal, up and out not a murmur. I offered a tow. Dummies were spat out. Big fat road tyres and wet steep grass don't mix.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2021 16:17 - 06 Aug 2021 16:21 #237345 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Jimny prices
The Jimny 4wd system is pretty sophisticated, some people see it as a "toy" compared to a Land Rover but it can sometimes get to places a Defender won't manage.

The narrower track and lighter weight can be an advantage as well.

And as your friend found out, great big wheels and tyres aren't always better.
Last edit: 06 Aug 2021 16:21 by lightning.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
06 Aug 2021 16:48 - 06 Aug 2021 16:55 #237346 by Lambert
I often wonder just where I would be able to pilot a Jimny that had more than road tyres on, given where I can get to even now with the Bridgestone ditchfinders compared with the urban terrain I used to have. I think with something like a maxxis m8060 it would be a very small list of places I couldn't get to one way or another.

Last edit: 06 Aug 2021 16:55 by Lambert.

More
06 Aug 2021 21:06 #237354 by lightning
And as l found out in York last week, the stability control is superb and almost certainly saved me from visiting a field of Weetabix which was next to the road.

• mikec
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Aug 2021 21:13 #237476 by mikec
Replied by mikec on topic Jimny prices
I was offered £30K straight for my car by a very serious buyer and I declined a couple of weeks ago - well I always wanted one and what else is there. I sort of set the prices on these by putting my car at the top of the pile on autotrader when I bought it last March at 27, then 30K. It's now set at £36K, as I don't want to sell, so let's see what happens! Already Suzuki GB have gone over £30K for their 4k+ mile used cars and mine has 17 miles on it and has been in a bag from new! I am going to use it to drive to my daughter's wedding in Portugal next year if I haven't sold it by then!

More
11 Aug 2021 07:28 - 11 Aug 2021 07:39 #237477 by lightning
Why are you not using the Jimny, to see how much you might get for it?

lf it carries on the way it's going you might double your money! l couldn't buy a new car and just sit on it though, when l had my Ferrari l did more miles in 12 months than the car had done in the previous ten years.
Two of the previous owners had never used it at all, what's the point in that?
Cars are meant to be used.

We love our Jimny, but there is a limit.

If anyone genuinely offered £30,000 for our "as new" 5,000 mile 2020 SZ5 l would drive it to their house, take the money and walk home.

Last edit: 11 Aug 2021 07:39 by lightning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget, lookonimages

• Lambert
    Registered
More
11 Aug 2021 09:28 #237479 by Lambert

I was offered £30K straight for my car by a very serious buyer and I declined a couple of weeks ago - well I always wanted one and what else is there. I sort of set the prices on these by putting my car at the top of the pile on autotrader when I bought it last March at 27, then 30K. It's now set at £36K, as I don't want to sell, so let's see what happens! Already Suzuki GB have gone over £30K for their 4k+ mile used cars and mine has 17 miles on it and has been in a bag from new! I am going to use it to drive to my daughter's wedding in Portugal next year if I haven't sold it by then!

Welcome to the forum. I'm somewhat confused. You don't want to sell your Jimny but you have it listed for 36k on autotrader but at the same time you don't want to use it? I feel like I have missed something here?

More
11 Aug 2021 11:37 #237486 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Jimny prices
Not sure I get that either. You always wanted one, but haven't used it? What's the point in owning it? 

From Autocar today:

Attachments:

More
11 Aug 2021 12:35 #237487 by Coco BT
Replied by Coco BT on topic Jimny prices
jeeze. 36 bags! I could buy 2 new commercials for less than that (vat reclaimable)

I have one, 2nd due in September, but I'll probably offer it to someone for list. They're good, but not that good! 

More
11 Aug 2021 14:51 #237488 by Roger Fairclough
Replied by Roger Fairclough on topic Jimny prices
Do you enjoy wasting peoples time? It certainly looks that way.

Roger
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrRobin, Coco BT

More
11 Aug 2021 15:04 #237490 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Jimny prices

You might as well use it mate as I can't see anyone paying £36k (that is nearly 2x original price) and certainly not for a private sale.  The next one on AT is £31k and that is from a dealer.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
11 Aug 2021 15:26 #237491 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Jimny prices
The price in general is nuts in my opinion and its a little sad that people will pay this for fashion.
I like the Suzuki Jimny enough for it to be my only car, but in no way is a G4 worth £30K.
Land Rover reliability accusations aside, you can get a new Evoke for similar money. It can tow more, is more refined, similar MPG and most importantly, you can put 75KG ON THE ROOF!
Given the choice, assuming I wanted to spend that amount, I would rather push my Land Rover Evoke home than purchase a G4.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds