BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Gen4 Snorkel

More
20 Nov 2022 18:41 #246023 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic New Gen4 Snorkel

I found the website that has the  Installation Manual  for the snorkel, look like on hole is required to be drilled for a rivnut (item 6).
Very interesting. Thanks for the link.

I will be very keen to see how you get on fitting yours.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2022 16:21 #246146 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic New Gen4 Snorkel
It has shipped today, let's see how long it takes to arrive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 300bhpton

More
01 Dec 2022 12:09 #246185 by Soeley
It's arrived!

More
01 Dec 2022 15:32 #246186 by 300bhpton
Awesome!!

Just got a shipping notice for mine in the past hour.

More
03 Dec 2022 13:10 #246210 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:New Gen4 Snorkel
Do they have a water drain?

Sent from my moto g42 using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
03 Dec 2022 14:34 - 03 Dec 2022 14:35 #246212 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Re:New Gen4 Snorkel

Do they have a water drain?

Quick answer is, No.

The instructions do not mention anything about plugging the drain hole in the filter box, so they must be relying on that. I know that doesn't really make it a true snorkel in that sense. I guess the term "Raised Air Intake" would be a better description. For me personally, it doesn't bother me. I have no intention of wading water deeper that the standard intake could handle (or the door seals), I'll admit this is more of a vanity purchase for me as I like the look. I could fit it and not connect it to the air box, but that would really annoy me 
Last edit: 03 Dec 2022 14:35 by Soeley.

More
03 Dec 2022 14:40 #246213 by Soeley
I knew I'd seen this somewhere, just found it. Looks like by design, the water should get expelled at the head.

Attachments:

More
03 Dec 2022 14:47 - 03 Dec 2022 14:48 #246214 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:New Gen4 Snorkel
Some have a water trap built into the head, the Brazilian ones have a one way valve at the base and some rely on the drain in the air filter case. Just wondered what they had.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 03 Dec 2022 14:48 by mlines.

More
06 Dec 2022 13:23 #246243 by 300bhpton

I knew I'd seen this somewhere, just found it. Looks like by design, the water should get expelled at the head.

When will you be fitting it? Are you going to do the install yourself?

Mine isn't here yet, although expecting it to turn up this week based on your shipping times. Think I will need to enlist some help. Lifting the bonnet off is a 2 person job IMO. Unless there is a way to avoid doing this, but suspect there isn't enough room to fit it into place without removing it.

More
06 Dec 2022 13:32 #246244 by fordem
Replied by fordem on topic Re:New Gen4 Snorkel

The instructions do not mention anything about plugging the drain hole in the filter box, so they must be relying on that. 

I don't have a snorkel on my Jimny, but I did fit one to my GV, and rather than block the hole in the filter box, I drilled it out and fitted a small duckbill valve - it's essentially a one piece flexible silicone one way valve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
06 Dec 2022 20:22 #246245 by Soeley

When will you be fitting it? Are you going to do the install yourself?

Mine isn't here yet, although expecting it to turn up this week based on your shipping times. Think I will need to enlist some help. Lifting the bonnet off is a 2 person job IMO. Unless there is a way to avoid doing this, but suspect there isn't enough room to fit it into place without removing it.
Yes, I will be fitting it myself. I think I will wait and do it over the Christmas break, unless I do get chance beforehand, but doubt I will.

More
06 Dec 2022 20:23 #246246 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Re:New Gen4 Snorkel

The instructions do not mention anything about plugging the drain hole in the filter box, so they must be relying on that. 

I don't have a snorkel on my Jimny, but I did fit one to my GV, and rather than block the hole in the filter box, I drilled it out and fitted a small duckbill valve - it's essentially a one piece flexible silicone one way valve.
That sounds a neat idea 

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds