BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

4wd won't engage single flash

• Fraser
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Feb 2021 11:17 #233353 by Fraser
4wd won't engage single flash was created by Fraser
Right I'm having a problem that I can't seem to find the solution too nor have I seen anyone else have this problem. 

2006 jimny with the button 4wd, I click it and I can hear the transfer box do the check by engaging but then it disengages it, I have manual locking hubs, I've blocked the vacume lines, I've bridge the cables together and nothing.. Still single flash of green 4wd light on the dash. 

The only way I'm able to get 4wd is if I lay under the jimny, get someone to press the 4wd button so then it engages on the transfer box brifley I can then unplug the power to it so as it can't disengage its self which work but it's not great.. With this I can't get into 4wd low bc soon as its re-plugged back in it'll come out of 4wd again. 

I'm at a total lost end with it and considering getting a stick shift tranfor box out of an older jimny. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
28 Feb 2021 11:41 #233355 by Lambert
The switch is occasionally known to fail. Replacement is simple enough but there is a tiny ball behind it that acts as a detent and is very easily lost.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Fraser
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Mar 2021 21:53 #233381 by Fraser
Replied by Fraser on topic 4wd won't engage single flash
Forgot to add I've repleced the one transfer switch, I didn't actually know theirs 2, think it'll be worth while changing the other too? Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds