BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Removing rear seat 2007Jimny.

• Andylab
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Feb 2021 13:49 #233145 by Andylab
Removing rear seat 2007Jimny. was created by Andylab
Hi 

Jimny newbie the rear seats in my 57 plate  do not fold anywhere near flat so going to take out and put some sort of floor in seen lots of pics. My question is getting the actual seat out I understand there are clips on both sides but not had much luck trying to prise pull them out. Bolts etc seem
straight forward.

Thanks

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2021 15:07 #233149 by RainerK
1) Remove the back seat by pulling it up at the front corners
2) Remove the bolts in the bottom middle of the backrest
3) Remove the bolts on the sides of the back of the backrests. These bolts are a little hidden beneath some cloth.

More
23 Feb 2021 15:27 #233152 by me101

• Andylab
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Feb 2021 12:18 #233334 by Andylab
Replied by Andylab on topic Removing rear seat 2007Jimny.
Hi
SEATS DO NOT LIFT uP AT FRONT CORNERS CAN JUST ABOUT SQUEEZE FINGERS IN TO FEEL WHAT I GUESS ARE THE CLIPS. But having no joy pulling/moving the clips

More
28 Feb 2021 08:47 #233349 by RainerK
In my Jimny there are just clips and I have to pull. Maybe try to pull a little harder and/or if you feel that the clips in the seat might come loose try with a screwdriver to support the pulling.

More
28 Feb 2021 09:54 #233350 by DrRobin
They were quite tight first time I removed the seats, took a good pull, stood in the footwell and used both hands. Now that I know how to do it they come easily. A quick strong tug seemed to work best. The clips are in the front corners.

If you have to prise them out use a flat bar rather than a screwdriver, you might damage the seat or paint with a screwdriver.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds