BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Re:Gen 4 service cost

More
24 Feb 2021 15:32 #233224 by Roger Fairclough
Your forgetting the time limit, which may or may not overrule mileage.

Roger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dorsetdumpling
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Feb 2021 16:24 #233227 by Dorsetdumpling
Replied by Dorsetdumpling on topic Re:Gen 4 service cost
Thanks Bill, i think we’re fairly local so which dealer was this?

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
24 Feb 2021 16:42 #233229 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Gen 4 service cost
Were it not for the plague I would be on about a thousand miles a month so I usually service every 8 or 9.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
24 Feb 2021 16:56 #233230 by Roger Fairclough
Covid is not the plague. Plague stems from rats and is very easy to treat. At 1000 miles a month, a Gen 4. would require a service at yearly intervals.

Roger

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
24 Feb 2021 18:39 #233238 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Gen 4 service cost
The black death and bubonic plague are now recognised as being transmitted by human lice carried in clothing. The rats are innocent! :laugh:

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
24 Feb 2021 20:27 - 24 Feb 2021 20:28 #233241 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Re:Gen 4 service cost
The first service on our Jimny cost £200 at our local Suzuki dealer and included gearbox/transfer box oil change
Last edit: 24 Feb 2021 20:28 by lightning.

More
24 Feb 2021 20:56 #233242 by Bill Portland
Replied by Bill Portland on topic Re:Gen 4 service cost

Dorsetdumpling wrote: Thanks Bill, i think we’re fairly local so which dealer was this?

Balmer lawn. Yours from Lanehouse? 

More
24 Feb 2021 23:27 #233247 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Re:Gen 4 service cost
Just had a look online and I see that the 3 Year/36000 mile Suzuki Service Plan is still advertised as being available - and you can buy it for older Suzuki models. Might be worth some of you doing a bit of research and look at the FAQ's? Rather surprised that more Forum members seen unaware of this deal? I might renew mine once the current Service Plan expires. I have had zero problem at 2 different Suzuki garages getting them to service the Jimny under the Service Plan and delighted with the work undertaken.

cars.suzuki.co.uk/owners/servicing/service-payment-plan/

Emac Telephone: 0330 099 8503
E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Groundworker
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Feb 2021 06:57 #233252 by Groundworker
Replied by Groundworker on topic Re:Gen 4 service cost
My mate just had an electrical problem with a defender, local LR dealership charges £160 per hour to check it out, no indy seemed to be able to find problem. If they did 8 hours trying to find fault it would be £1280!!! They told him he needed ECU, for £2k. He eventually found a good indy, he worked out it was fuel injection valve on common rail, fixed for £155! So Suzuki look pretty good against that...

More
25 Feb 2021 17:16 #233260 by Roger Fairclough
The maintenance schedule in the workshop manual refers you to the inspection and maintenance section of the drivers handbook. As it is, both schedules state that the diff.oil, front and rear, should be replaced at the first service ie. 12,500 miles or 12 months. After that it is inspected every 2 years and replaced if necessary.

More
25 Feb 2021 19:55 #233272 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Re:Gen 4 service cost

Bob1050 wrote: Just had a look online and I see that the 3 Year/36000 mile Suzuki Service Plan is still advertised as being available - and you can buy it for older Suzuki models. Might be worth some of you doing a bit of research and look at the FAQ's? Rather surprised that more Forum members seen unaware of this deal? I might renew mine once the current Service Plan expires. I have had zero problem at 2 different Suzuki garages getting them to service the Jimny under the Service Plan and delighted with the work undertaken.

cars.suzuki.co.uk/owners/servicing/service-payment-plan/

Emac Telephone: 0330 099 8503
E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I took out a 5 year service plan, as I knew it was going to be a keeper, will prbably do another one when this one is up.

More
25 Feb 2021 23:33 #233280 by Micheal
Replied by Micheal on topic Re:Gen 4 service cost
I just had a second service cost was £214.52

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds