BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Re:Gen 4 service cost

More
23 Feb 2021 22:56 #233183 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Gen 4 service cost
Rather shocked at this thread - When I bought the Jimny new in 2019 - a three year/36000 mile all in Service Package from Suzuki cost a bit over £400 inclusive of VAT. As I understand it, the service package can be used at any Suzuki dealership. So someone is having a laugh at £300 for one service - unless you are getting all the ;'extras' thrown at you in the Executive Waiting Room, whist you watch movies with a latte and muffins?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2021 05:44 #233190 by crash486
Replied by crash486 on topic Re:Gen 4 service cost

Dan wrote: No diff oil change?

The service schedule in Australian book does not show the diff oil ever being replaced.
I'm told they inspect and if it looks bad they change it.
Had a garage do all the Jim fluids.

crash486 JB74W

More
24 Feb 2021 08:31 #233191 by Bill Portland
Replied by Bill Portland on topic Re:Gen 4 service cost
I've been quoted £365 for the 2nd service.

When I got the jimny I asked for the price of a 3 year service plan and was quoted over £800

More
24 Feb 2021 10:20 #233203 by Axholme Lion
Replied by Axholme Lion on topic Re:Gen 4 service cost
You can get a service anywhere, BUT you MUST ensure any parts and lubricants used are of equivalent quality to genuine. Also you MUST have proof that the exact service schedule tasks have been carried out. If you don't do this and for example you have a fault with a trim part or an electrical part you would probably be ok under warranty, however if it was something mechanical under the bonnet you may well be on thin ice...

More
24 Feb 2021 13:36 - 24 Feb 2021 13:43 #233213 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Gen 4 service cost

Dan wrote: No diff oil change?

Diff oil change is at first major service, not second.

Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Feb 2021 13:43 by Gadget.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
24 Feb 2021 13:37 #233214 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Gen 4 service cost
Just out of curiosity what is the service intervals on the gen4? Is it the same 9k as the gen3?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
24 Feb 2021 13:38 #233215 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Gen 4 service cost

Dorsetdumpling wrote: Err Gadget, I hate to point this out, but your bill is £309.99!

That's the total cost including some extra work I had done (extended brake lines), service itself was £220.

More
24 Feb 2021 13:39 #233216 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Re:Gen 4 service cost

Lambert wrote: Just out of curiosity what is the service intervals on the gen4? Is it the same 9k as the gen3?

12500 miles
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
24 Feb 2021 13:46 #233218 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Gen 4 service cost
Be interested to see if that makes a difference in lifespan, I've always been good with keeping up with the pampering on Dreadnaught, I guess time will tell how many 100k plus gen4 we start seeing in a few years.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
24 Feb 2021 14:29 #233219 by Axholme Lion
Replied by Axholme Lion on topic Re:Gen 4 service cost
It is 9K. The book says 12500 but i am reliably informed that according to the Suzuki system it is 9. Also the book is also wrong about the oil, it says 0w16 but the Suzuki system says 0w20. Not much point in reading the book is there.

More
24 Feb 2021 14:38 #233220 by Roger Fairclough
Service intervals for Gen.4 are multiples of 12 months or 12,500 miles. In my case, because of Covid and surgery, service check light has just come on and Tonka is booked in for this Friday. Mileage is 3074. On the basis that average mileage in the UK is approx. 8,500, servicing will be at intervals of 8,500.As modern engines are more efficient and less dirty and oils are more efficient at what they do and engine designers are bound to err on the side of caution, I see no reason why a Suzuki engine should have any trouble in exceeding 100k miles and more.

Mind you I am not as cynical as some.

Roger

More
24 Feb 2021 14:46 #233221 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Re:Gen 4 service cost
It's shown as being 9k for countries other than the EU (inc UK) and Israel, 12.5k for the EU/Israel.

0W20 is listed as preferred for non-EU/Israel, with 0W16 preferred for EU/Israel, although 0W16 (or 5W30) are ok.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds