BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

diesel jimny now arrived

More
20 Feb 2021 18:39 #233057 by HUN
Replied by HUN on topic diesel jimny now arrived
Looks nice! Great job.

TrailMaster 2" lift kit
Full floating rear axle conversion, JB underbody guards & recovery points
ORE transfer box HD brackets
T-Max split charge system
X-Shock Dakar ceramic clutch kit & roof rack
Flo-Flex castor polybushes
Kumho KL71 tyres
AVM manual hubs
ORA radius arm guards
Push-fit breathers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2021 07:44 - 21 Feb 2021 07:45 #233063 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic diesel jimny now arrived
As anybody who has worked on a big industrial site that had pool transport for getting fitters / sparkies and the like, to and from jobs, would know. They are not the best looked after vehicles.....

Thats what I saw when I first saw this car.... It was straight barring a dent on the bonnet and a piece of rear corner trim missing but very tired and unloved. Bland and scruffy, you wouldn't look twice.

Now look....... and only the bonnet painted, it's showroom clean and looks a different car. 

Look forward to having a blast when able....

sniper
Last edit: 21 Feb 2021 07:45 by sniper.

More
26 Feb 2021 21:19 - 26 Feb 2021 21:20 #233323 by sniper
I had a drive in the diesel Jimny today and it is real revalation......

Quite different, using 3rd gear in tight roundabouts...... gears that seem to last forever, compared to the 1300 petrol.

It looks like the rest of the world has a better engined Jimny that we do in the UK.

Low box is proper low..... 1st in 4L is a crawling pace and the torque just takes it on tickover.... No throttle needed, it would be a boon off road. I think anybody who useses low box regularly would prefer the diesel. It really does seem to suit the weight of the car perfectly.....

Being left hand drive was an oddity but something you quickly get used to and I don't think it would cause too much inconvenience on UK roads. You dont really tear arse about  in a Jimny so the issue of overtaking shouldn't be too much of a negative.

I'd have one for the lanes tomorrow.....

There are massive differences in the drive train and there is no practical way to re-shell into a RHD drive chassis but as I've already said, being LHD just isn't the issue you'd have thought.....

It looks a picture, I don't know what Reece is polishing the cars with but it gleams inside and out, as if it were new..... I love the bonnet bulge, want one.....

sniper
Last edit: 26 Feb 2021 21:20 by sniper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

• gazmo66
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Mar 2021 18:35 #233688 by gazmo66
Replied by gazmo66 on topic diesel jimny now arrived
Thats one lovely looking motor Dr, brilliant job,

More
09 Nov 2022 08:50 #245832 by Jimny Dr
Replied by Jimny Dr on topic diesel jimny now arrived
Hi guys after 18 months or so of running our little diesel jimny shop truck we have finally got round to having it remapped
here are the figures
bhp from  86 = 105 
nm from 200 = 245.  That’s 180 f/lb of tourqe 
this has made a real difference to the drive and a pleasure to use pin traffic 

the doc 

The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley, Old Neil

More
09 Nov 2022 18:49 #245856 by sniper
Drag race on the ring road it is..... my petrol with 98bhp and 118ftlb against yours...... you should whoop me 

sniper
(it would make a cracking pick up.... Still an ace shop truck)

More
16 Nov 2022 22:27 #245979 by Darthblaker7474
Loving this thread! 

You've got me looking at them, for if my Jimny ever rusts away

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds