BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Removing back seats on Gen4? Want to do some cargo mods.

• Groenewald
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Feb 2021 07:26 #232629 by Groenewald
Hi Guys,

Yesterday I added 10 stainless steel eye bolts in the back of the Jimny - replacing those black plugs on the side.

Now I am sniffing at the back seats....

What do you guys think of removing the back seats and doing something in the back? A cargo mod, not something else ;)

I have a small workshop with the basics - tig welder, lathe, milling machine etc so I feel like tackling a new project.

So far I have not really used the back seats at all, and my thinking is that removing the back seats and putting in some sort of flat platform will save a bit of weight and give me a lot more space and flexibility to design something in the rear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
10 Feb 2021 07:46 #232631 by Lambert
As Dreadnaught was converted pre registration to be a van I can only say do it. The amount of stuff that will fit in is quite exceptional. I being more of a wood elf have decked out the back with a simple 3 sided plywood tray that comes up to wheel box height made with the least amount of material possible to keep the weight off. I have a selection of holes in the bottom that accept pegs to stop things sliding about and then a selection of D rings to secure anything heavy that might try to kill me in the event of a collision.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
10 Feb 2021 09:13 #232633 by Roger Fairclough
Removing the rear seats is easy and the seat belts can be tucked away behind the trim. That done I fabricated a plywood box that is the same height as the wheel wells. A couple of trap door style lids covered with tool box liner dimpled rubber stopped most things sliding about and "D" rings as appropriate. On the front of the box I secured two elasticated bags for odds and sods.
Somewhere back in the year 2020 I took some photos so maybe someone would know how to dig them out so you get a better idea.

Roger

More
10 Feb 2021 09:24 #232634 by mlines
The parts to do this are all in the Suzuki parts catalogue for the Gen4 commercial !!

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
10 Feb 2021 13:36 #232646 by Roger Fairclough
Hi Martin.

Just what will Suzuki be supplying?

Roger

• Twisticles
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Feb 2021 14:29 - 10 Feb 2021 14:34 #232648 by Twisticles
DO you mean something like the Frontrunner base deck?  Bit of a no-brainer for 154 squid excl.

www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/de/vehi...-curr-base-deck.html 
Last edit: 10 Feb 2021 14:34 by Twisticles.

• Twisticles
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Feb 2021 14:32 #232649 by Twisticles

Groenewald wrote: Hi Guys,

Yesterday I added 10 stainless steel eye bolts in the back of the Jimny - replacing those black plugs on the side.

Thing is, those black plugs are IMO too high.  There is nothing to anchor to lower down/seat back level except the two on the door sill.   

More
10 Feb 2021 18:13 #232655 by Roger Fairclough
This is what my box looks like.
Roger

Attachments:

More
10 Feb 2021 19:12 #232663 by Soeley

More
10 Feb 2021 20:25 #232667 by Roger Fairclough

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds