BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Insurance premium increase for modifications

More
21 Jan 2021 12:09 #232032 by Gadget
....or lack of it!

Quote for completely standard gen4 (fully comp, protected ncd): £280
Quote with all mods declared (bigger tyres, suspension changes, rock sliders, brake lines): £286

Make sure you let your insurer know about your mods! 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2021 12:19 #232033 by Soeley
None of my mods have increased the premium so far.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
21 Jan 2021 12:38 #232034 by Lambert
So very definitely depends on the specific insurance company. Some are OK with modifications others simply see ££££££££££££££££££. Something to do with the entire insurance industry being criminally corrupt and morally bankrupt.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
21 Jan 2021 13:57 #232035 by lightning
As above, be sure to tell your insurance about modifications to the vehicle.

lf you need to make a claim, they can use non disclosure as a way to wriggle out of paying.

More
18 Feb 2021 19:56 #232968 by wjamieson
Do you mind sharing who you are insured with. I have been using Admiral multi car insurance and they have been good £228. No additional cost for Mods such as underbody protection, recovery points or wider tyres. However won't insure a 2" suspension lift so potentially looking to move.

More
18 Feb 2021 20:18 #232969 by wjamieson
Admiral advised they only insure lifts up to 5 cm and given 2" is 5.08 cm they would not insure the suspension lift.

However Old Man EMU 2" lift is actually 40mm front and back. So is less than 5cm. Need to go back to them now.

More
18 Feb 2021 20:21 #232970 by Soeley
I'm with LV, £300, but my postcode is not insurance friendly. Everything is declared and they never put the premium up or wanted money for updating the policy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wjamieson

More
21 Feb 2021 11:32 #233068 by Dan
Just goes to show that the postcode thing makes a big difference. I live in rural Scotland and my premium for business cover for the Gen 4 for me and my wife is <£160.

Thats an unmodified vehicle with protected full no claims (which I think is a bit of a con).

More
21 Feb 2021 16:52 #233075 by sniper

wjamieson wrote: Admiral advised they only insure lifts up to 5 cm and given 2" is 5.08 cm they would not insure the suspension lift.

However Old Man EMU 2" lift is actually 40mm front and back. So is less than 5cm. Need to go back to them now.

Get an invoice from whoever sold it to you as a 50mm lift, thats what it will be....

sniper

• Gilling Red
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Feb 2021 20:47 #233077 by Gilling Red
Replied by Gilling Red on topic Insurance premium increase for modifications
My insurance company wanted £48 for an increase in tyre size. So stayed with the original size but A/T pattern. They are not getting informed of the new tyres.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds