BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Some advice please! 'Jimmy rear door ladder/steps'

• baughans100
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jan 2021 11:40 #231876 by baughans100
I'm looking into getting a rear door ladder/steps on my 2020 Jimny. I like the idea of having some fold out steps and though I could attach them do the door hinges. Has anybody ever fitted anything similar to the images attached or have any advice on where to source the ladder or the best way to fit them!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
17 Jan 2021 12:42 #231877 by Lambert
Welcome to the forum. I think someone has done this but I can't remember who?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
17 Jan 2021 14:45 #231881 by Soeley
My only issue with those is the bottom rung is quite high up (too high for me at 5' 6") at least a full ladder would put the bottom rung at the bottom of the door. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: baughans100

More
17 Jan 2021 15:19 - 17 Jan 2021 15:20 #231882 by Doctorchris
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThis ladder from China appears a few times on eBay. I've never seen one in the flesh however.
I know nothing about these rear door ladders but I wonder how much weight they would be able to support without seriously damaging the rear door or bodyshell.

Last edit: 17 Jan 2021 15:20 by Doctorchris.

More
17 Jan 2021 16:18 #231883 by Soeley
I like the way the  FRONTRUNNER  ladder mounts. It is bolted to the bottom hinge, hooks over the top of the door and has a side stay to the spare wheel mounting bolt.

• baughans100
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jan 2021 19:24 - 17 Jan 2021 19:25 #231889 by baughans100
Replied by baughans100 on topic Some advice please! 'Jimmy rear door ladder/steps'
Thanks for the replies so far on the thread! Does anybody know the weight limit for the rear door hinges and how this may affect the type of ladder/step mount?
Last edit: 17 Jan 2021 19:25 by baughans100.

More
18 Jan 2021 20:59 #231936 by Foxtrot
The Jimnystyle shop has some infon if you are going to use a ladder  anger, some ladders are for occasional use and aesthetics.

jimnystyle.com/collections/ladders

More
18 Jan 2021 21:44 #231937 by Busta
I've got to ask, what are you putting on the roof that requires you be up there with it?
The roof load limit is 30kg, so by the time you attach a roof rack strong enough to stand on you'll only have about 5kg of remaining capacity.
I find accessing the roof easy enough by standing in the door openings or on the tyres.

More
19 Jan 2021 07:55 #231941 by Soeley
My fear about having a ladder would be some scroat might see it as an invite to climb, just because it is there. And if you don't have a full roofrack on at the time that will be one knackered roof.

More
19 Jan 2021 14:19 #231955 by fordem

Busta wrote: I find accessing the roof easy enough by standing in the door openings or on the tyres.

I currently have two other 4WDs, both with roof racks, both lifted and taller than a Jimny - and this is how I've always dealt with it - open the rear door and step up.

More
19 Jan 2021 14:29 #231956 by Roger Fairclough
For less than £50 you can buy a step that hooks over a wheel. Try Machine Mart.

Roger

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds