BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny commercial

More
12 Jul 2021 12:28 #236620 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Re:Re:Re:Jimny commercial
Is anybody actually paying £26,995 for these vehicles?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2021 12:39 #236621 by Axholme Lion
The dealership is not the same thing as Suzuki. Suzuki is the importer. Unfortunately what the dealer has done is morally wrong but there's not much Suzuki can do about it. Best thing to do is get on the list with another reputable dealer and wait. I reckon if you are prepared to wait 12-18 months you should get one at list price.

More
12 Jul 2021 15:28 #236629 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic Re:Re:Re:Jimny commercial
Unfortunately Suzuki  BCC at Bolton sold out to Chapelhouse which took out a competitor for the North west area.It may be worth trying  Collin Appleyard in Ashton, however they also pre-registered all their Jimnys back in 2020 so I would assume they will be at it again with the commercial variant. 

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
12 Jul 2021 16:05 #236632 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Re:Re:Jimny commercial
Suzuki gb do have one major sanction they can apply, revoke franchise. They won't, but if vag can dictate what a dealership is called and jlr can dictate the interior design of the showroom then Suzuki can get the dealers to charge in line with rrp.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
12 Jul 2021 16:22 #236633 by No Stock Available
they can get them charge rrp for new, but they cannot get them to sell them new to who Suzuki insist, that is down to the actual dealer.

Suzuki themselves messed this up in my opinion, All the way through suzuki told us dealers it will be a central order system meaning customers will contact suzuki themselves direct to buy the commercial, Now they changed their mind and just told dealers to sell them.

More
12 Jul 2021 17:37 - 12 Jul 2021 17:38 #236639 by lightning
Try Horderns Suzuki in Chapel en le Frith

They are a family firm and sold the Jimny SZ5 at list price right through until they stopped getting them.

I imagine there will be a waiting list, but l guess that will be the case everywhere.
Last edit: 12 Jul 2021 17:38 by lightning.

• arifrajpura
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jul 2021 19:14 #236640 by arifrajpura
Replied by arifrajpura on topic Re:Re:Re:Jimny commercial
Thanks for your responses - I can't believe that a dealership can get away with this sort of practice, I won't ever buy another Suzuki from them, for the sake of making 8x7k =56k they are trashing their reputation and potentially losing customers like myself.

More
12 Jul 2021 20:35 - 12 Jul 2021 20:36 #236642 by lightning
l keep recommending my local Suzuki dealer.....
Last edit: 12 Jul 2021 20:36 by lightning.

More
13 Jul 2021 08:20 #236656 by Axholme Lion
Technically though they're not new cars now are they? It's wrong. Maybe the supply of new Jimnys should be restricted only to dealers who are playing the game fairly?

More
13 Jul 2021 08:39 #236660 by Roger Fairclough
Just dropped Tonka off at Startins in Redditch for it's safety recall for door harness and noticed an unregistered Jimny in the car park.

Came in on Thursday and sold on Friday for list price, £19,999.

Roger

More
13 Jul 2021 11:19 #236665 by Axholme Lion
Drove past Stoneacre at Doncaster this morning and they have a 68 Plate SZ5 for sale at £26,995. Madness. Get on the list at a decent dealer and wait till one cups up.

• arifrajpura
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jul 2021 07:54 #236673 by arifrajpura
Replied by arifrajpura on topic Re:Re:Re:Jimny commercial
Hi Lightining,

Thanks for the recommendation of Horderns - what nice people, family run business two brothers running the operation, spoke to one of the staff and one of the owners and will be using them for all my future Suzuki purchases as they aren't too far from me.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds