BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Replacement aerial for Gen 4

• JurassicJimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Dec 2020 11:48 #231227 by JurassicJimny
Replacement aerial for Gen 4 was created by JurassicJimny
Hi Everyone,

So looking for a bit of assistance. I'm due to move house very soon and just gone to try the garage and unfortunately Jurassic wont quite fit :blush:
The aerial is annoyingly about 3 inches too long and as a result it gets caught on the door edge and unable to ping or slide under.

Has anyone got a link to a suitable shorter aerial for the Gen 4 Jimny? (I know a quick search will bring up hundreds of ebay ones, but as per everything there, results can vary so would like to see what others have used.) Mines only the SZ4 so it's only the dab and fm radio though guessing one that works on the SZ5 may still work.

Ideally the replacement needs to be 9 inches/24cm or shorter from the actual base (So not quite from the roof) and I'm guessing its just a case of unscrewing the current one and screwing in a shorter one or will I need to remove the entire base?

Any help most appreciated and hope everyone has just about survived 2020 lets hope 2021 brings a better year.

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2020 15:00 - 27 Dec 2020 15:01 #231231 by lightning
Why not just take the aerial off when you put the Jimny away?
Takes a few seconds to unscrew it. Otherwise any of the stubby Ebay ones will do a similar job, try one and if it doesn't work well enough just send it back.
Last edit: 27 Dec 2020 15:01 by lightning.

More
27 Dec 2020 15:35 #231233 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Replacement aerial for Gen 4
Hi, I think i might have just replies to you on Facebook. Have a look AT THIS THREAD

• JurassicJimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Dec 2020 15:41 #231234 by JurassicJimny
Replied by JurassicJimny on topic Replacement aerial for Gen 4
It's more i know more often then not i'll forget to take it off and end up snapping it. But have been linked to some ebay ones that others have used so going to give them a try.

• JurassicJimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Dec 2020 15:43 #231235 by JurassicJimny
Replied by JurassicJimny on topic Replacement aerial for Gen 4
Yes you did, thanks again Mark.

• nogbad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Dec 2020 18:26 #231245 by nogbad
Replied by nogbad on topic Replacement aerial for Gen 4
We had same problem ,got a replacement aerial from Halfords about 4 inch shorter works fine.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds