BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New dampers for 2" lifted Jimny G3

• RockJin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Nov 2020 11:30 #230385 by RockJin
New dampers for 2" lifted Jimny G3 was created by RockJin
Greetings everyone.
I need to replace the front dampers of Jimny G3 (possibly the rear ones as well) which has 2" lift. Bought it used and already lifted so I don't know for sure, but looking at the sprigs and dampers it's a Pro Comp kit. The stickers of the dampers are blank and can't say for sure, but the dampers themselves are white with black rubber boots and oval stickers.
I must say that I'm more interested in rock crawling than mud racing so the suspension needs more travel. Suppose that the 2" lift is not enough but for the moment will stay with it. So what should I go for with 2" lift:
- Pro Comp ES900 for 2" lift
- stock dampers like Bilstein B6 with spacers What length do I need?
- Avo adjustable - someone in this forum said that he has adjusted the rear ones to be less stiff than the front ones and I find the rear ones of my Jimny too stiff so I liked the idea of fully adjustable dampers. But are these OK for rock crawling?
- or TEIN STREET ADVANCE Z4 Coilover + Spring Kit. Has anyone tried coilover kit and do you think it's suitable for my needs?

Also I noticed that the car still has original control arms and that explains for me the poor onroad handling, I'm not that experienced to say for offroad. What would you recommend , new control arms or castor correction bushes?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2020 12:23 #230386 by jackonlyjack
I run +3" arms all round on a 2" lift it drives fine
Stay way from pro comp way to stiff for a jimny unless you have extra weight
like steel bumpers roll cage winch ect

More
25 Nov 2020 12:34 #230387 by sniper
As Jack says, Procomp have a reputation for. being too stiff and harsh, steer clear of them.

Black Raptor are a good cheaper choice, most seem happy with them.

I run AVO adjustables and am very happy with them.

Castor bushes were a big improvement on my car with just 45mm lift.

sniper

More
25 Nov 2020 12:43 #230388 by jackonlyjack
Darel vit-mods does something like a max droop kit
using longer shocks coil clamps

More
25 Nov 2020 16:02 - 25 Nov 2020 16:02 #230391 by Dirtbird

sniper wrote: As Jack says, Procomp have a reputation for. being too stiff and harsh, steer clear of them.

Black Raptor are a good cheaper choice, most seem happy with them.

I run AVO adjustables and am very happy with them.

Castor bushes were a big improvement on my car with just 45mm lift.

sniper

Sniper are you referring to these Jimny Super Pro Castor Correction Bushes
www.jimnybits.com/jimny-super-pro-caster...rrection-bushes.html

I was going to search for the forum to see what people are saying about them.

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.
Last edit: 25 Nov 2020 16:02 by Dirtbird.

More
25 Nov 2020 21:01 #230401 by sniper
Yes Dirtbird, they are the bushes except I went for PolyBush brand as they are a bit softer....

sniper
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

More
27 Nov 2020 21:34 #230445 by Dirtbird
Sniper do polybush do the off centre correction bushes. J

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

More
27 Nov 2020 22:36 #230447 by sniper

Dirtbird wrote: Sniper do polybush do the off centre correction bushes. J

Yes....

sniper
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

More
30 Nov 2020 22:41 #230536 by Dirtbird
Thanks sniper

More
13 Jan 2022 14:25 - 13 Jan 2022 14:26 #241090 by Dirtbird
I know it's an old post but having had two pro comp 2-inch lifts under 2 different Jimnys I have to agree the black raptor is just as functional and much more agreeable in terms of ride comfort. OK, it's not plush but very reasonable given you want ride height and suspension. 

Last edit: 13 Jan 2022 14:26 by Dirtbird.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds