BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Automatic Jimny Manual Hubs

More
25 Nov 2020 00:12 #230369 by Joely978
I have been having issues with my automatic vacuum hubs and want to replace them with manual ones. Might be a silly question but can you install manual hubs on an Automatic Jimny or does it not work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2020 00:50 #230371 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Automatic Jimny Manual Hubs
Manual hubs work with either transmission.

You can either plug the vacuum lines or follow this method:
Stop the Flashing 4WD Light

Note that shorting the connector doesn't work on 2014 and later Jimnys.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

More
25 Nov 2020 18:50 #230399 by Joely978
Thanks alot for clearing that up, I have orderd a pair of manual hubs. I have a 2015 Jimny so plugging is the only option. If the 4wd light is still flashing will i be able to engage it in 4WD still?

Thanks

More
25 Nov 2020 22:27 #230403 by zukebob
My experience is that the flashing 4WD light indicates a fault and 4WD will not engage. As long as the vacuum system is properly plugged so that a vacuum can be established, the controller should allow 4WD engagement. Probably the best place to plug is as close to the vacuum switching valves as you can.

This is a picture of mine:

Attachments:

More
01 Dec 2020 03:32 #230540 by Joely978
I plugged the hoses but am still getting the flashing light, do you think the leak is maybe even lower in the system or that there could be a different or if its a different issue besides the vaccum hoses?

More
01 Dec 2020 05:02 #230541 by zukebob
Any leaks in the system below the two metal tubes you plugged wouldn't have any impact. That entire portion of the vacuum system, starting where you disconnected from the metal tubes and going to the hubs, could actually be removed. Most people don't remove it simply due to the effort involved or because they may want to return to the vacuum hubs in the future.

As long as you only disconnected and plugged the 2 hoses connected to the tubes (the metal tubes leading down to the hubs), you should be good. If you do have a leak causing your problem, I would suggest checking the line that leads to the vacuum tank under the right fender. If that is in good shape, check the lines and plastic tees around the vacuum valves. At the same time, make sure that there aren't any other vacuum hoses disconnected.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds