BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New "Suzuki" hybrid 4x4

More
16 Nov 2020 17:18 #230112 by Dirtbird
Replied by Dirtbird on topic New "Suzuki" hybrid 4x4

Gadget wrote: How can they price it from £45k, when the RAV4 it's based on starts at £31k? Makes no sense. No-one is going to pay a premium for a Suzuki badge over a Toyota.

£45k Makes my £900 investment and 24 hr road trip from Scotland to Ireland a bit more acceptable/ digestible/ palatible.

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2020 14:15 #230147 by stuartmc
Replied by stuartmc on topic New "Suzuki" hybrid 4x4
£31K is the 2WD version. AWD starts at about £36K. Toyota also quote 8.1 to 62 mph and Suzuki quoting 6.0 for same so there seems more to it than just a straight badge swap.

2020 SZ5 Auto, 2019 Vitara GLX 1.4T AT AllGrip

More
17 Nov 2020 14:30 #230148 by Roger Fairclough
It's got a lot going for it, apart from that price.

Roger

More
17 Nov 2020 15:37 #230150 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic New "Suzuki" hybrid 4x4
How much??? Is that in Yen?

I can't see a long queue of people for these, not at that price.

I think I would rather have a Tesla or pure electric car, hybrids have a limited life time, the same as petrol/diesel.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
17 Nov 2020 16:13 #230152 by stuartmc
Replied by stuartmc on topic New "Suzuki" hybrid 4x4
Biggest difference and major contributor to price is that Toyota is just their standard hybrid a la Prius. Suzuki and soon to be launched RAV4 are Plug-in hybrid so have bigger battery and much longer electric range. If you've ever driven a Toyota Hybrid you'll know that the engone cuts in very quickly as soon as you need any power. Suzuki say 46 miles on electric only. Toyota RAV4 PHEV not available until spring next year so Suzuki have the jump on that.

2020 SZ5 Auto, 2019 Vitara GLX 1.4T AT AllGrip

More
17 Nov 2020 18:51 #230154 by Bill Portland
Mercedes GLC start at £40k, (£48k for the hybrid) . I know which I'd rather have

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
17 Nov 2020 19:41 #230155 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic New "Suzuki" hybrid 4x4
There could be an explanation for the price. People have an expectation of what a given product should cost and as has been demonstrated time and again making something too cheap relative to its competitors actually harms sales. Good luck to Suzuki and hopefully having a high profit product might secure the future of the company and therefore the continued availability of the Jimny. As long as they don't do a Land Rover!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
17 Nov 2020 22:33 #230158 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic New "Suzuki" hybrid 4x4
The list price of cars these days is less important than the MGFV and the monthly PCP payment, as 90% of new cars are now bought this way.

So even at £45,000 the Suzuki might make sense, if Suzuki dealers can keep the payments down by raising the MGFV.

More
18 Nov 2020 08:57 #230167 by Bill Portland
I'm no expert on pcp finance, but a quick check and the merc is £180 a month less (same deposit, same mileage). Interest rate is half which I guess makes the difference.

More
18 Nov 2020 12:28 #230172 by Doctorchris
Replied by Doctorchris on topic New "Suzuki" hybrid 4x4
If I was looking for a SUV I would look no further than a 4x4 version of the Dacia Duster.
In many ways the Duster is a spiritual brother to the Jimny, more so than the vehicle under discussion here.

More
18 Nov 2020 13:30 #230173 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic New "Suzuki" hybrid 4x4

Doctorchris wrote: If I was looking for a SUV I would look no further than a 4x4 version of the Dacia Duster.
In many ways the Duster is a spiritual brother to the Jimny, more so than the vehicle under discussion here.

I like the Duster. But I think it is more akin to estranged 2nd cousin or someone they met at a wedding 20 years ago. Rather than a spiritual brother to the Jimny.

The Duster is a Unibody car based crossover. And is built on a Renault Clio platform with a Nissan X-Trail drivetrain. And road biased independent suspension. With no transfer box.

More
18 Nov 2020 15:16 #230177 by Roger Fairclough
If it is the 4 wheel drive version then drive front and back comes straight from the gearbox so it is still a transfer box just not as we know it. What is important is the ratio of first gear.

Roger

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds