BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New "Suzuki" hybrid 4x4

More
14 Nov 2020 08:19 #229999 by mlines
Anyone looking at it? First proper hybrid from "Suzuki".

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2020 09:35 - 14 Nov 2020 09:37 #230001 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic New "Suzuki" hybrid 4x4
No not me.
All this hybrid stuff is smoke and mirrors and is just added complexity to keep selling petrol / Diesel vehicles. No plans to swap my Jimny until I am forced and or the fully electric technology is more established.
So no more new vehicles for me.
Looking forward if no-one manufacturers an affordable electric vehicle plan B is a E conversion on my 2CV.
It will be faster :laugh:

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 14 Nov 2020 09:37 by Scimike.

More
14 Nov 2020 09:53 #230003 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic New "Suzuki" hybrid 4x4
Think it looks better than the Toyota it's based on, but I don't really get SUVs, would rather a standard hatchback or estate.

More
14 Nov 2020 10:26 #230007 by Reason2doubt
It looks great and would be perfect for my daily commute however it’s just a little bit too rich at the moment whilst saving for a first home.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
14 Nov 2020 10:33 #230011 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic New "Suzuki" hybrid 4x4
It's a crossover which immediately puts it in the rejection pile for me. I currently have the best Suzuki/Toyota amalgamation I could want anyway with Dreadnaught and Leviathan.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• GeorgeC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Nov 2020 11:29 - 14 Nov 2020 11:31 #230016 by GeorgeC
Replied by GeorgeC on topic New "Suzuki" hybrid 4x4
For my 6km commute, I would like to see the basic TESLA "Milk Float" tray assembly under the Current Jimny body. There is one being built in Sydney.

Just imagine a "retro electric 2CV" with the same tray as an electric vehicle. ;)
Last edit: 14 Nov 2020 11:31 by GeorgeC.

More
14 Nov 2020 13:02 #230021 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic New "Suzuki" hybrid 4x4

GeorgeC wrote: For my 6km commute, I would like to see the basic TESLA "Milk Float" tray assembly under the Current Jimny body. There is one being built in Sydney.

Just imagine a "retro electric 2CV" with the same tray as an electric vehicle. ;)

I personally think Suzuki missed a golden opportunity with the new Jimny. They hit the mark with the current trend for retro styling, but then went and fitted what is an old design petrol engine. They didn't even attempt to make it a hybrid to dodge the pending emissions levy. It should have been 100% electric, then they could legitimately charge £30k+ for it and had a high demand eco vehicle.
But that's Suzuki, evolution not revolution.

Electric 2CV been around since the hippies, but modern propulsion packages are being developed as kits, got my eye on this one.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GeorgeC

More
14 Nov 2020 13:14 - 14 Nov 2020 13:18 #230024 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic New "Suzuki" hybrid 4x4
Looks alright, just another chunky over styled big-gobbed crossover.
Although Suzuki are well made so it would probably be a good choice of mummy wagon for the growing family.

Be ready to get forced on to the curb by one of these barging through the parked SUV's and 4x4's outside your local primary school.
Last edit: 14 Nov 2020 13:18 by lightning.

More
14 Nov 2020 21:58 #230045 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic New "Suzuki" hybrid 4x4
£45,599 no thanks

More
14 Nov 2020 23:50 #230047 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic New "Suzuki" hybrid 4x4
Not my sort of thing at all. Looks dull and boring and just another white goods tbh.

Did someone say £46k??? Surely a typo??

More
15 Nov 2020 09:53 #230050 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic New "Suzuki" hybrid 4x4
How can they price it from £45k, when the RAV4 it's based on starts at £31k? Makes no sense. No-one is going to pay a premium for a Suzuki badge over a Toyota.

More
16 Nov 2020 16:55 - 16 Nov 2020 16:56 #230110 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic New "Suzuki" hybrid 4x4

300bhpton wrote: Not my sort of thing at all. Looks dull and boring and just another white goods tbh.
Did someone say £46k??? Surely a typo??

No typo. :blink: ....cars.suzuki.co.uk/new-cars/across/?Campa...4b7ebdc&gclsrc=3p.ds
Last edit: 16 Nov 2020 16:56 by Foxtrot.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds