BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Re:4 wheel drive issues

More
05 Nov 2020 13:03 #229709 by McVicar
Thanks again for the replies. If I don't blank the pipes off, will the dash light flash all the time or only when I turn the hubs to 4wd. I could cope with the latter but not all the time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Nov 2020 16:23 #229715 by jackonlyjack
light will flash only when 4wd selected
Mine flashes and you get used to it ;)

More
05 Nov 2020 17:17 #229718 by McVicar
Thank you Jack. That's fine, I don't offroad, only use the Jimny for work and as I now live in Somerset don't get enough snow to worry about 4wd. Just nice to have the option. Thanks again to all who responded to my questions. I'll get some AVM hubs ordered.

More
05 Nov 2020 18:07 #229719 by jackonlyjack
I have the cheapest hubs from jimnybits still going strong 4 years on
and i have used and abused them :laugh:
AVM are the best but price reflects this

More
05 Nov 2020 18:50 #229725 by McVicar
As Jimnybits are out of stock on the AVM, I might just go for the unbranded. As I said, I don't expect to use 4wd much anyway.

More
05 Nov 2020 19:38 #229726 by jackonlyjack
The non branded will be fine ;)
Mine spend 50/50 2wd 4wd
A good tip fill over the small screw heads with a good waterproof grease

More
05 Nov 2020 20:50 #229727 by McVicar
Will do. Thanks

More
04 Feb 2021 14:19 #232468 by McVicar
Well, I started a new job and next door is a small independent garage. Lots of 4wd vehicles coming and going. I spoke to the lad who owns it and he offroads landrovers for a hobby. He took my Jimny in while I was at work and replaced all the vacuum pipes with silicone ones. My 4wd is working perfectly now. All for £80.

More
04 Feb 2021 17:56 #232476 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Re:Re:Re:4 wheel drive issues
Great result! The convenience of the vacuum system makes it well worth maintaining in my opinion.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds