BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Gen 4 Jimnys for sale

More
30 Oct 2020 22:38 - 30 Oct 2020 22:39 #229571 by lightning
Very much like what happened with the VW Up GTi, there are now dozens of new and near new Jimny SZ5 for sale at dealers around the UK.

34 as of this evening.

Prices range from just over £20,000 (2018 with 12,000 miles) to £24,000+ for new pre-registered ones.

l do wonder how many are actually selling. After a while the VW Up GTi prices dropped to sensible levels but there are quite a few dealers still asking £26,000+ for new pre
registered Jimnys.
Last edit: 30 Oct 2020 22:39 by lightning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
31 Oct 2020 07:34 #229576 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Gen 4 Jimnys for sale
For me the gen4 is becoming an increasingly irrelevant vehicle in my potential ownership plans. Dreadnaught still has a fair few good years of work left before retirement to pottering about with my parents. Having Spare Jimny in the wings to take over farm work then puts me even further down the road at which point there will potentially not be much in the way of clean tidy gen4 available as for all the people on here that are rust prevention inclined there are simply not enough in pure numbers to find a good example in say 10 years time. We could of course be lucky and the commercial variant is still available or Suzuki have seen sense and are producing the gen4 with a full electric power train while retaining the ladder and live axles even if its range was only 150 to 200 miles. As for current availability and prices in a way I hope that they follow the same model as the rest of the competent 4x4 market like cruiser and G and wrangler and keep the higher prices as it tends to ensure that they have owners who have the income and inclination to look after them which in turn helps me as the available vehicles in 10 odd years may be in better condition. The other alternative is that there's a new new shape in 5 or 6 years that has some of the ugly knocked off.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
31 Oct 2020 09:55 #229579 by Roger Fairclough
Does anyone have any figures as to how many Gen.1 through to Gen.4 Jimnys have been sold in the UK?

Roger

More
31 Oct 2020 10:15 #229580 by Barry silver SZ5
Local Wincanton Somerset dealer just had black 19 plate with I think 6000 miles SX4 model. Virtually £ 26000. Took mine in for first service in morning and it was prominently displayed for sale. Collected mine in pm and it was sold. ! Salesman said not surprised and implied I could cash in too. Love mine and yet to see one on road since ownership.

• zebraman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Oct 2020 10:51 #229581 by zebraman
Replied by zebraman on topic Gen 4 Jimnys for sale
I think all Suzuki needed to do was build stop start into the car and the co2 figure would have come right down. It's the way the European brands have been gaming the system for years.

I guess stop start kicking in when you're off roading would be a nightmare so kudos to them for not doing it and it makes me love the car more.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
31 Oct 2020 11:04 #229583 by Lambert

Roger Fairclough wrote: Does anyone have any figures as to how many Gen.1 through to Gen.4 Jimnys have been sold in the UK?

Roger

No idea but it won't be many in a BMW or Ford kinda way, probably more like a Morgan or Lotus kinda sales model.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
31 Oct 2020 11:10 #229584 by Lambert
This has EU sales figures for the 3 and 4. More than I thought.

carsalesbase.com/europe-suzuki-jimny/

• Lambert
    Registered
More
31 Oct 2020 11:18 #229585 by Lambert

More
31 Oct 2020 11:39 #229587 by Roger Fairclough
Thank you Lambert. Compare those figures to the 350 Landcruiser KZJ70's imported by Toyota over 3 years.

Roger

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds