BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Engine improves with mileage

• Dorsetdumpling
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Oct 2020 20:23 #228748 by Dorsetdumpling
Replied by Dorsetdumpling on topic Engine improves with mileage
Yes, I noticed the same on a hill that I drive up frequently - it used to struggle to get up in 4th when new, but now, not so much.

I may have dreamt this, but I seem to recall reading that in these day of computerised engine management units, it’s possible for the manufacturer to program the unit to a lower level of tuning and therefore power, for the first few hundred miles?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
03 Oct 2020 20:42 #228752 by Lambert
That wouldn't surprise me one little bit. I think too that the ecu learns how it's being used, not in a rogue ai way or anything but when I first took Dreadnaught on full time she had spent an extended period with my parents being run in for like 18 months and wouldn't rev cleanly over 3500 rpm. After a couple of months of Italian tune ups she was clean up to 6000 rpm so I would definitely say that they improve when used as designed.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds