BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New New Jimny

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
08 Sep 2020 19:37 #227950 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic New New Jimny
yes it's definitely a sensible alternative to a side by side except for the additional gizmos that it allegedly needs to be a car. More simple equals more better.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Busta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2020 19:55 #227952 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic New New Jimny
This kind of thing.
Reviews praised Jimny for much better on road performance, better residuals and more sophisticated 4x4 system

www.deere.co.uk/en/gator-utility-vehicle...ty-vehicles/hpx-4x4/

More
08 Sep 2020 19:57 #227953 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic New New Jimny

Lambert wrote: Do we know if they have upped the tow capacity, the spec list doesn't mention it?

I would assume it's the same as the previous Gen4, 350kg unbraked, 1300kg braked and a 75kg towball nose weight. They have only removed the rear seats and classed it as a commercial vehicle to get around the EU emissions.

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Sep 2020 19:59 - 08 Sep 2020 20:02 #227954 by Grima
Replied by Grima on topic New New Jimny
Lambert,I get your point but cars have gone from black & white to colour. Just like TV's.
Heater to air con now climate control + heated seats.
AM FM radio to DAB, SAT NAV, ANDROID AUTO.
Cruise control ECT ECT.
And all people moan about is TPMS.
I'm 55 & like things like power steering.
A horse is the most basic 4x4.
Last edit: 08 Sep 2020 20:02 by Grima.

More
08 Sep 2020 21:28 #227956 by lightning
My Defender is definitely a black and white vehicle, and all the better for it.
Although l love our Gen 4 Jimny, the Defender feels like it will still be passing its MOT in a hundred years time.

More
08 Sep 2020 21:54 - 08 Sep 2020 21:55 #227958 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic New New Jimny

lightning wrote: My Defender is definitely a black and white vehicle, and all the better for it.
Although l love our Gen 4 Jimny, the Defender feels like it will still be passing its MOT in a hundred years time.

I know what you mean. Our Series 2 Land Rover has 2 fuses, a big one and a little one. I can leave it for months and it just works when I ask it to move. I believe this and cockroaches will be the only thing moving come the end of the world :laugh:

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 08 Sep 2020 21:55 by Scimike.

• Podge
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Sep 2020 22:05 #227959 by Podge
Replied by Podge on topic New New Jimny
Very glad this is happening. I missed the boat the last time around.

But at least it should stop this happening; near 28k for a pre-reg Mk4 in a local dealership.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
09 Sep 2020 08:47 #227975 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic New New Jimny

Foxtrot wrote:

Lambert wrote: Do we know if they have upped the tow capacity, the spec list doesn't mention it?

I would assume it's the same as the previous Gen4, 350kg unbraked, 1300kg braked and a 75kg towball nose weight. They have only removed the rear seats and classed it as a commercial vehicle to get around the EU emissions.

I was am hoping that because it's a commercial variant that Suzuki have enabled payload offsetting. This is where the manufacturer only stipulate the gross train weight and gross vehicle weight on the registration documents which allows for the payload of the vehicle to be used by the trailer so an empty car will be able to tow a heavier trailer so long as the combination weight is not exceeded. So for example you can tow 1300kg with 4 passengers in the road version and that's it whereas with the van you can tow 1300kg with the van full or say 1500kg if the van is just a driver. If you see what I mean.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
09 Sep 2020 09:56 #227978 by lightning
l would be surprised if anyone is buying Jimnys at £28-30,000
Unless the price is hidden in a PCP agreement where it's more about the monthly payments and you don't actually own the vehicle.
l called about one at £26,000 and the price soon fell to £23,000 after a little negotiation

More
09 Sep 2020 10:15 #227979 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:New New Jimny
We took a look at year old one on Saturday at £26,000 on a dealer forecourt (no, we were not purchasing at that price, we had to look at it to see the "small print" on the screen with the price on it). Salesman was adamant it would sell and seemed reluctant to move on it despite me being interested in buying one ( but not at that price)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Podge
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Sep 2020 11:24 #227983 by Podge
Replied by Podge on topic Re:New New Jimny
I asked about the Ivory one and there wasn't much room on price. Salesman claimed they sold a year old Suzuki demonstrator for 25k.

Also worth noting that they're not going to be included in the nice 0% PCP from Suzuki as they're probably owned by the dealer.

• Podge
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Sep 2020 14:04 #227987 by Podge
Replied by Podge on topic Re:New New Jimny
Also spoke with a dealer today, they're under the impression that this is going to be a SZ4 spec, no word about the sz5.

Shame, as I would like the Car Play facility tbh

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds