BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Oh.....The indignity!!!!

More
05 Aug 2020 19:05 - 05 Aug 2020 19:06 #226115 by Jimny2003
Was all going well until I found a much deeper part of the Quarry floor....and that silt and weed Stopped me dead!!!Now going through a deep deep deep seats and carpets out clean, mini service and new rear brakes and exhaust while I'm underneath...the joys of Pay and Play.....the diff breathers and snorkel played their part....but fresh oil needed in gearbox and Transfer box!! Bring on the MOT next week!!!
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Aug 2020 19:06 by Jimny2003.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scimike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2020 21:31 #226122 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Oh.....The indignity!!!!
I admire your go anywhere attitude, something I have lost over the years.
Don't feel too bad, I've got lots of photos from pay n play sites that look surprisingly similar in composition, the only difference is it's a Land Rover pulling out a Land Rover, that sticky mud can really hold a vehicle put :laugh:
Thanks for sharing the photos and a good bit of post play maintenance in changing the oils.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jimny2003

• Dorsetdumpling
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Aug 2020 14:02 #226137 by Dorsetdumpling
Replied by Dorsetdumpling on topic Oh.....The indignity!!!!
I swear those Landies are sniggering....

More
06 Aug 2020 23:18 #226187 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Oh.....The indignity!!!!
Where is this? It reminds me of Tixover but I'm sure there's lots of similar places.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
07 Aug 2020 07:33 #226198 by Jimny2003
Replied by Jimny2003 on topic Oh.....The indignity!!!!
Hi Kirkynut...nope.....over in North Norfolk, a pit used for pay and play

Cheers Mark

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds