BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Tyre pressures

More
05 Aug 2020 17:47 - 05 Aug 2020 17:48 #226108 by lightning
Tyre pressures was created by lightning
Just checked the tyre pressures on our 2020 Jimny and they were at 40psi all round.
l looked on the door pillar and it recommends 26psi front, 29psi rear.
On the Land Rover forum the discussion about tyre pressures is endless.
At the risk of starting another discussion, should l reduce the pressures to 26/29psi?
Last edit: 05 Aug 2020 17:48 by lightning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2020 18:07 #226111 by wjamieson
Replied by wjamieson on topic Tyre pressures
40 psi is way too much. I have 215/75/15 AT tyres and run them at 27 psi. Would prefer 26 but then have issues with the TPMS in cold weather so 27 for me.

• GeorgeC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Aug 2020 18:07 #226112 by GeorgeC
Replied by GeorgeC on topic Tyre pressures
NO!! 26/29 is too high, I found the low 20s to be better. :)
However, if you have TPMS the alarms will go off under 25.5psi, it becomes a balancing act.

More
05 Aug 2020 18:08 #226113 by wjamieson
Replied by wjamieson on topic Tyre pressures
Should have added that normally its just me in the car if lots in the boot then will raise to 28.

More
05 Aug 2020 19:05 - 05 Aug 2020 19:12 #226116 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Tyre pressures
If you have OEM tyres and a standard vehicle then you will not go far wrong with the pressure suggested by Suzuki. Manufacturers tend to spend a fortune trying to obtain the best performance out of every element on the vehicle, so the suggested pressure will be result of testing and consultation with the tyre producer. After that small changes up or down to your own personal preference are in order.

So yes is the short answer!

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 05 Aug 2020 19:12 by Scimike.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 Aug 2020 19:15 #226117 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Tyre pressures
Without disappearing into the furthest reaches of the science standard tyres need standard pressure give or take a couple of psi.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
05 Aug 2020 20:05 #226121 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Tyre pressures
The 29 psi for the rear is for fully loaded, normal use should be 26 psi all round for the Gen4. No need to over inflate to stop TPMS going off. When it gets cold weather just top them back up to 26 on a cold day and you'll be OK. My alarm has never gone off and I keep mine at 26.

When I picked it up new though they were at 36 all round, what a difference it made letting them down.

More
05 Aug 2020 22:06 #226125 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Tyre pressures
Thanks for the replies, l've been out and reduced the pressures to the recommended settings.
It will be interesting to see how it drives now. lt seemed OK before, but l am used to driving a Defender and not a normal car.

More
06 Aug 2020 07:34 #226126 by Bill Portland
Replied by Bill Portland on topic Tyre pressures
Mine are all set to 27psi cold which means they're 24 when it's freezing and the tpms doesn't trip. If I set them at 26psi cold, they trip the tpms on frosty mornings.

More
06 Aug 2020 10:33 #226133 by Reason2doubt
Replied by Reason2doubt on topic Tyre pressures
Driving from UK to Italy and back I had 34 PSI in mine - seemed to do the trick with 2 passengers and about 300kg of extra weight in the car (estimated).

Let them back down now to 31 with the car being empty and its usually just me driving. 235/75/15.

More
06 Aug 2020 17:22 #226151 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Tyre pressures
Well, l reduced the tyre pressures to the recommended settings and the Jimny is much nicer to drive, the ride is less choppy and the steering feels better.
Job done!!

More
07 Aug 2020 20:53 #226278 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic Tyre pressures
That's strange, I have had my GEN4 for a couple of a weeks. I checked the tyre pressure recently and mine were all 41psi. I have dropped them down to the recommended 26psi all round.
You would have thought on the PDI that basic error would have been picked up???

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds