BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny 2 Month Check Up

More
27 Jul 2020 09:31 #225736 by Doctorchris
I'm sure I glimpsed something about this in the handbook (but can't find it again) and it's mentioned in some posts on here.
It seems some owners of a brand new Jimny receive a check up from their dealer at 2 months. My dealer never mentioned it and I was too busy using the car to do anything about it at the time. They had only just started selling Suzukis and my Jimny was the first of that model they had sold.
I'm not worried that I've missed out on something important and have had no problems (apart from the ubiquitous grind from the transfer case).
How common is it for this 2 month check up to be carried out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2020 09:35 #225737 by Bill Portland
I had mine done mainly for the benefit of the stamp in the book. Doesn't hurt for the dealer to give it a check over, but I don't think they're particularly thorough.

More
27 Jul 2020 09:40 #225738 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic New Jimny 2 Month Check Up
It gave us a chance to "collect" issues with ours over the preceding weeks and get them investigated and sorted. So we had the steering knock and transfer box grind sorted.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
27 Jul 2020 10:32 #225739 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic New Jimny 2 Month Check Up
I took mine in, purely for the stamp in the service book. The fact that it took about 5 minutes makes me think they just kicked the tyres and then gave it back to me.

More
27 Jul 2020 14:01 #225748 by Roger Fairclough
My dealer said 2,000 miles so I have another 400 miles to go. I haven't got a g/box whine but I did fit a sound deadening kit.

Roger

More
27 Jul 2020 16:07 #225751 by Dan
Replied by Dan on topic New Jimny 2 Month Check Up
That's lucky, my dealer said it had to be done at two months if that were to come before 2000 miles.

I would have opted for a little longer for any issues to arise if the extra time had been available.

More
27 Jul 2020 20:34 #225761 by Chappo
Replied by Chappo on topic New Jimny 2 Month Check Up
I got a phone call saying the 2 month check was due I explained the car had only 400 odd miles on it they said bring it in “ best to get the stamp in the book” I thought they might mention the LED DRLs I put in but no.
So yes they probably kick the tyres, I hadn’t even finished my coffee!

More
28 Jul 2020 13:45 #225784 by Doctorchris
Well, I'm too late to get the stamp in the book but I'm not worried as I plan to keep the car for a long time.
It looks like I didn't miss much that I can't do myself.

More
28 Jul 2020 15:12 #225789 by No Stock Available
2 Month check up is optional even says so in the service book, we dont do much check lights, levels, tyres that sort of stuff

when we value the cars we dont take the 2k into consideration as its not a service.

More
28 Jul 2020 15:22 #225790 by Dan
Replied by Dan on topic New Jimny 2 Month Check Up
The dealership lowered the dipped beams on mine, the LEDs were set a bit high beforehand.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds