BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Ford Bronco

More
16 Jul 2020 09:27 - 16 Jul 2020 09:29 #225155 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Ford Bronco
I really like it, although it doesn't look like a good match for UK roads in terms of size, so I'm not particularly sad that it's not coming here. If it did, I'm sure that they'd follow the Jeep pricing strategy, adding a massive premium over $ pricing.

If I lived in the US I'd definitely be interested, would be a no-brainer over a Wrangler (uggggggly!) or new Defender. Ford not perfect in terms of reliability, but still light years ahead of Land Rover.
Last edit: 16 Jul 2020 09:29 by Gadget.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2020 16:55 #225177 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic Ford Bronco
Looking at the Bronco dimensions it's about the same size as a New Defender..

More
16 Jul 2020 19:27 #225184 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic Ford Bronco

Gadget wrote: I really like it, although it doesn't look like a good match for UK roads in terms of size, so I'm not particularly sad that it's not coming here. If it did, I'm sure that they'd follow the Jeep pricing strategy, adding a massive premium over $ pricing.

If I lived in the US I'd definitely be interested, would be a no-brainer over a Wrangler (uggggggly!) or new Defender. Ford not perfect in terms of reliability, but still light years ahead of Land Rover.

Plenty of larger Euro vehicles than the Bronco.

Wrangler looks awesome IMO.

More
16 Jul 2020 19:29 #225185 by DAGZOOK
Replied by DAGZOOK on topic Ford Bronco

Foxtrot wrote: Looking at the Bronco dimensions it's about the same size as a New Defender..

This new Bronco is the only vehicle I think I'd be prepared to trade the Gen.4 in for :whistle: :woohoo: Sorry Jimny Fans!

More
16 Jul 2020 20:11 - 16 Jul 2020 20:12 #225186 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic Ford Bronco
Unfortunately the Bronco was never made with Europe in mind, the designer who is English said that it was made for the American market which is lot less restrictive than the EU regulations. You never know, they brought over the Mustang muscle car. Interestingly the Bronco sport has a 3 pot 1500cc Eco boost engine which is incredibly small for a American car? Maybe they could mate that engine in the hardcore Broncos for the UK market?
Last edit: 16 Jul 2020 20:12 by Foxtrot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAGZOOK

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds