BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny Insurance...Hardtop cheaper to insure than a soft top?

• TillymintDLG
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jun 2020 08:24 - 27 Jun 2020 08:26 #224049 by TillymintDLG
What do you think Guys? Got my renewal today and even though I have told them months ago it IS a hardtop and the V5C says it's a Jimny VVTS ESTATE, they are insisting it is a SUZUKI JIMNY JLX 16V SOFT TOP?
Cheers
Gaz

Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Jun 2020 08:26 by TillymintDLG.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
27 Jun 2020 09:29 #224056 by Lambert
If it's recorded by dvla as a hard top you need to find a different insurer. It's a world of mental anguish if you have the wrong details even if you are correct and have explained it in graphic detail that they are wrong.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: TillymintDLG

• TillymintDLG
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jun 2020 09:42 #224061 by TillymintDLG
That's exactly my thinking too Lambert..If I had to make a claim, That would be a Complete 'get out' clause for them wouldn't it?
I'll start getting some other quotes right away!
Thanks for that!
Gaz

More
27 Jun 2020 16:13 #224094 by Busta
It's a tricky one. I've had it before with motorbikes where they had the CC wrong, and when I tried to correct it they wanted to charge me more for "modifying" my completely standard motorbike. I gave up in trying in the end and insured it as the wrong CC. Ironically they had it higher than it actually was, so I could have fitted a big bore kit and saved money on the insurance.

Can you send them some pictures of the vehicle, vin number and V5?

• TillymintDLG
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jun 2020 16:54 #224095 by TillymintDLG
Hi Busta, after crushing a grape and ripping a tissue clean in half, I wiped the blood off the ceiling and cancelled my insurance with LV and HALVED my Premium with another Company!....

I will now be reviewing my other accounts with them.....

Cheers
Gaz
Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
27 Jun 2020 17:26 #224099 by Lambert
Well that is a result and a half. Good news.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
27 Jun 2020 18:43 #224100 by Scimike
Well done on reducing your premium, you have done the correct thing by voting with your feet.
Unfortunately I see three stages in insurance premium pricing. Year 1- lure you in. Year 2 - it's up a little bit. Year 3 - you are on the price escalator.
Typically I stay with an insurance company for 2 years, rarely getting past year 3. Ironically it's the same group that go around, it's the insurance "circle of life". - hit it Elton!
They also appear to have access to different vehicle databases, I have a motorcycle that is listed by one group correctly, but it does not exist for the others. Strange !

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• TillymintDLG
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jun 2020 22:38 #224113 by TillymintDLG
That's sound advice Sciimke, It's so easy to to just let it auto 'renew' your policy...
At the end of the day, they are all a bunch of moneygrabbing c***s....
The wallet strikes back eh?
Gaz

More
28 Jun 2020 21:32 #224202 by Max Headroom
Blimey - you're a patient lot - I change my insurance shark every year

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds