BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

GEN4 disappeared of the Suzuki website

More
25 Jun 2020 16:47 #223995 by Foxtrot
Has anybody else noticed that the GEN4 Jimny is no longer on the Suzuki New car website?

cars.suzuki.co.uk/new-cars/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jun 2020 19:09 #223998 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic GEN4 disappeared of the Suzuki website
I suppose the slogan "The future is hybrid" is the big clue. Chris

More
25 Jun 2020 21:11 #224000 by wjamieson
Quote from cars.suzuki.co.uk/new-cars/jimny/

"Unfortunately the current Jimny is no longer in production, so please contact your local Suzuki Dealer directly to check their new and used stock availability. The Suzuki Jimny will return at some point in the future, so follow us on our social channels to stay updated."

I like the statement that it will return. Will it be the commercial version or a hybrid version? Will have to wait and see. Hopefully it will come along by 2022 when I will be looking to replace my 2019 version.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Foxtrot

More
25 Jun 2020 21:17 - 25 Jun 2020 21:17 #224001 by Foxtrot
Its like going back to square one when we were all waiting for the GEN 4 to appear: :unsure:
Last edit: 25 Jun 2020 21:17 by Foxtrot.

More
26 Jun 2020 01:26 #224006 by zukebob
The Jimny is still on the Philippine and Australian Suzuki websites. I didn't check any of the other "developing countries". I think the Suzuki UK comment that Suzuki is no longer producing the Jimny is likely misleading. It has been known for a while that the UK (and others) won't receive any more. Either way, I do feel sorry for those who were waiting but can no longer hope to get the current model.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

More
26 Jun 2020 05:20 - 26 Jun 2020 05:20 #224007 by mlines
The hybrid next year will be a re-badged Toyota RAV4

So it will have to be the commercial for a while. However I suspect both the RAV4 and commercial will be delayed due to covid.

I think the commercial will not be a bad thing as who uses the back seats anyway? As long as the windows are retained.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 26 Jun 2020 05:20 by mlines.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reason2doubt

More
26 Jun 2020 08:25 #224009 by Foxtrot

mlines wrote: The hybrid next year will be a re-badged Toyota RAV4
So it will have to be the commercial for a while. However I suspect both the RAV4 and commercial will be delayed due to covid.
I think the commercial will not be a bad thing as who uses the back seats anyway? As long as the windows are retained.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I don't see the logic of using a rebadged RAV4, it will be a direct competitor to the Vitara, plus the hybrid is not low in CO2, pumping out 131g/km CO2?

More
26 Jun 2020 08:30 #224010 by mlines
Its a technology exchange with Toyota and had to be part of the deal as I understand it.. It enables Suzuki to have an all hybrid fleet on paper and also a European built car, it all dilutes the EU penalties system for imports.. I suspect it will be a limited edition until Suzuki get a grip of Electric cars using the technology they have take from Toyota. The current fleet of Suzuki hybrids seem to get the hybrid sticker by having a powerful starter motor fitted :)

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air

More
26 Jun 2020 08:40 #224011 by Foxtrot
It doesn't sound very promising Martin, the Jimny shape and ethos as a capable old school 4x4 is legendary, sticking the Jimny badge on a RAV4 is like sticking the badge on a London bus... :laugh:

More
26 Jun 2020 09:12 #224012 by mlines
I dont think its being badged as a Jimny,

Martin

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jun 2020 09:55 #224013 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Re:GEN4 disappeared of the Suzuki website
So how will this effect us gen 4 owners. Im thinking resale price?

Mechanics wont have much experience fixing and maintaining the gen 4. Similier to the gen 3 enough for them to know gen 4 intimately?

Parts replacement stock? What if we dinged a wing, are patts gonna be available?

We are now in an elite club, like super duper rare breed. Kinda feels good, but what about the above worries?

More
26 Jun 2020 10:02 #224014 by mlines
There is a EU directive about how long parts have to be held for and supplied, whilst the club is small in the UK we do have to include the EU in that vehicle count and the central stores are in the EU.

Martin

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds