BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Road springs

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
16 Jun 2020 18:29 #223644 by Lambert
Road springs was created by Lambert
Whatcha. I'm beginning to think that I could have need of some new road springs as these aren't dealing with irregularities well any more. Standard height obviously and not genuine as Suzuki price is unnecessarily high. My track springs are suplex and I would use them but they are obscenely hard for using on the road because they are for cornering at silly speeds on circuits. So as far as I can see it's either suplex or kyb or unbranded rubbish unless I have missed something?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2020 19:05 #223645 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Road springs
I fitted new KYB standard springs when I first got my car Lambert.... They were fine for a road car and a big improvement on the knackered original springs......

sniper
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

• Lambert
    Registered
More
16 Jun 2020 19:20 #223647 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Road springs
You have been in Dreadnaught with the current springs in it and will remember how composed she was. However now with the increasing deterioration of the roads round here she is starting to become just a little unsettled by some of the more severe cases that went largely unnoticed previously. I'm just thinking that a refresher might help. When I was in tread lightly was that with the kyb springs or did they come after that?

More
17 Jun 2020 05:45 #223657 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic Road springs
I've got a pair of front Suplex springs here Lambert?

I fitted them to the rear of the buggy but then swapped them for JB 2" lift springs recently, so they are as new un-used...

One on the right in this photo, the one on the left is the JB rear lift spring...

£30 for the pair including postage if it helps?...

Dave

• Lambert
    Registered
More
17 Jun 2020 06:33 #223659 by Lambert
Yes please! Direct me to your PayPal and I will forward funds. Cheers!

More
17 Jun 2020 06:49 #223660 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Road springs
I am reading this with interest as I will also be a standard spring length customer one day, so it's good to know what's good and whats not.

Lambert - I assume you currently have Suzuki OEM springs, interested in your impressions of the ride quality with the superflex fitted and also if they lift or drop the vehicle over the standard in any way.

Carry on chaps.
All the best
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
17 Jun 2020 07:00 #223661 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Road springs

Lambert wrote: You have been in Dreadnaught with the current springs in it and will remember how composed she was. However now with the increasing deterioration of the roads round here she is starting to become just a little unsettled by some of the more severe cases that went largely unnoticed previously. I'm just thinking that a refresher might help. When I was in tread lightly was that with the kyb springs or did they come after that?

Looks like your sorted now (got to love the community on this forum) but just to answer, when we met in Ripon, the car had KYB springs, on 15mm seats.

sniper

• Lambert
    Registered
More
17 Jun 2020 07:02 #223662 by Lambert
I already use suplex for my track springs and they have been great especially for the cost but they have probably only had a hundred miles on them. Certainly they have not given me cause to have concerns about them as road springs.

I do expect to see some lift over current as Dreadnaught is maybe half an inch lower than the Spare Jimny just because of a hundred and five thousand miles.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
17 Jun 2020 07:12 #223663 by Lambert

sniper wrote:

Lambert wrote: You have been in Dreadnaught with the current springs in it and will remember how composed she was. However now with the increasing deterioration of the roads round here she is starting to become just a little unsettled by some of the more severe cases that went largely unnoticed previously. I'm just thinking that a refresher might help. When I was in tread lightly was that with the kyb springs or did they come after that?

Looks like your sorted now (got to love the community on this forum) but just to answer, when we met in Ripon, the car had KYB springs, on 15mm seats.

sniper

Ok that is useful to know. Just need a pair of rears. The listing I have stated the kyb rears as heavy duty which is probably marketing bs as they are the same spec as the factory ones.

More
17 Jun 2020 07:33 #223666 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Road springs
I've never replaced the springs, so how do these standard height aftermarket springs compensate for the lean? Do they have a longer OSF spring like the lift kits or a softer NSR spring like Suzuki use?

More
17 Jun 2020 08:34 #223670 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic Road springs

Lambert wrote: Yes please! Direct me to your PayPal and I will forward funds. Cheers!

You have a PM sir ;)

• Lambert
    Registered
More
17 Jun 2020 10:04 #223672 by Lambert

Busta wrote: I've never replaced the springs, so how do these standard height aftermarket springs compensate for the lean? Do they have a longer OSF spring like the lift kits or a softer NSR spring like Suzuki use?

Dunno. My track springs require a 15mm spacer to correct for being 2 pairs. What these kyb and standard suplex do I don't know.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Busta

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds